Bike won't start...Help!

Jeepman3ski

Nope, the battery is discharging. Either it's the battery, or the charging system.

But it could be something as simple as a bad ground on the frame, where the battery ground cable attaches.

Also the battery terminals. etc etc.

Look for a connection/wiring problem.

Evaluate the battery (not done yet).

Charge the battery fully, let it set a bit, and tell us what the battery voltage is, before you try starting with it.

Then check the alternator output, or have some one do it.

Or go through life with this particular motorcycle having to be on a charger all the time, with an occasional push start.

I've done it both ways, both are a pain...

edit: at some point you might have to start thinking about a short circuit draining the battery.

But I'll still guess that the battery just isn't all that good. But check it first, before wasting money on a new one.

It's right in the shop manual, charge the battery, and if it has less than 12.3 v, replace the battery.

(ok, I don't know what your shop manual says, mine says 12.3 v)

Edited by ReconRat

I have an old school needle analog meter but it was closer to 12 then 13. It is set up 0-5 5-10 10-15 etc. So kind on the left side of the middle of 10-15. I checked the current at the battery when the bike was on. That was around 14+ I'm going to just buy a new battery and see what happens. Any suggestions on cheap places to buy a battery?

Thanks for all the info ReconRat

Edited by Jeepman3ski