Another Alaska Ride Report

Casper

I'm really torn on Alaska as a destination. The views and scenery would be just incredible, but the roads don't appeal to me whatsoever. So, for now I just keep looking at trip pics.

I think it's different than the "I want to ride some twisties" sort of ride. More touring on a bike. Which is kinda cool as well but totally different and can only really be enjoyed on a bike like Ben's or dare I say some sort of Harley or Goldwing.

I'm really torn on Alaska as a destination. The views and scenery would be just incredible, but the roads don't appeal to me whatsoever. So, for now I just keep looking at trip pics.

You should do it. Next June/July. Going through Canada. Coming home through the states.

I think it's different than the "I want to ride some twisties" sort of ride. More touring on a bike. Which is kinda cool as well but totally different and can only really be enjoyed on a bike like Ben's or dare I say some sort of Harley or Goldwing.

Trust me, I'm not a twisty-or-nothing kinda guy, I'm a dual sport rider first and foremost but I've talked a lot of riders who have done Alaska and it just doesn't sound like riding I'd enjoy. My ideal is something with a big mix of terrains and conditions, including technical terrain and Alaska is a marathon of the same conditions for days at a time.

Not knocking it, like I said the views would be second to none I just can't get exited about it personally. For me, Baja or Copper Canyon is much more my speed, something like that. I have riding ADHD...need challenged or I get bored easy. I find the idea of an Iron-Butt to be a kind of hell, personally....I'd much rather go ride some trails or something.

Edited by swingset