Tattoo's Post them up....Who got some...and Who wants some...

BornSinner

How did the back of your calf feel? Mine hurt more on the back of my calf than on my shin!

Already got my left calf done about a year ago. I like the pain associated with the needling itself, but both are having a hard time with healing. This clown got a light infection (still dealing with it). Apparently, the bacteria of the infection love the carbon in the black ink. I called my tattooist to give him an FYI. The infection isn't anything that he did, but I wanted him to know about it. He said "when it heals, a lot of the black may be gone", and its looking like thats going to be the case, which means I get to go sit and get needled again. No worries, just hope it heals easier that time.

Calfs have given me more trouble than other areas, thats for sure.

Interesting. My tattoo's have always been wrapped in plastic for an hour or so after they were done. Never a problem. This most recent one, they changed procedure and used large bandages to cover it. Still only for an hour or so. And this one gets infected...

I have always been a fast healer, and never have plastic wrapped any of mine. I always made sure to have plenty of neosporin/triple antibiotic ointment on the area, and never have covered mine with more than my shirt. Washed with soap water each night, and then reply topical treatment to it and that was it. Two days, and was good to go.

You should NEVER put neosporin on a tattoo. Bad for oxygen flow and shit gets stuck in it. There is a reason they want you to keep it open only hours after having it done. Neosporin heals wounds but you could be allergic to it and it will pull out color. Also Saran wrap is NEVER the covering to use for tattoos. If I ever walk into a shop and even see this I leave. It suffocates your skin. I have used Aveno lotion for many years for my tattoos. Any non scented lotion will essentially work but you want the nutrients of a good lotion. Just my 2 cents. :)

Edited by hollywood3586

You should NEVER put neosporin on a tattoo. Bad for oxygen flow and shit gets stuck in it. There is a reason they want you to keep it open only hours after having it done. Neosporin heals wounds but you could be allergic to it and it will pull out color. Also Saran wrap is NEVER the covering to use for tattoos. If I ever walk into a shop and even see this I leave. It suffocates your skin. Just my 2 cents. :)

^^This, and my wife read that plastic wrap will add more bacteria to the site making your new tat a breeding ground for infection. Neosporin is a bad idea as it contains antibodies that can conflict with ink and helps pull color OUT, best to use A&D oinment after washing with mild soap and warm water. The less you traumatize the wound, the better it will heal

To each their own.. I just say from my own pesonal experience.. I have like 25% of my body is covered in tattoos. If you choose to do certain things and it works for you, good. By all means, I just choose to do things differently. :)

Hope you didn't think I was being a smart ass. I was asking for your opinion as you seemed to be knowledgeable about it. :bow:

• Upvote 1

Hope you didn't think I was being a smart ass. I was asking for your opinion as you seemed to be knowledgeable about it. :bow:

Oh no, I didn't think anything about it. I was just butting my nose in. :) I may be a little knowledgeable.

Ps. after March 31st ill be about 35% covered!! WOOHOO!!

Hollywood, I have been using aquaphor on my last several pieces. What do you think of that? Healing seems much quicker and smoothly with it.

Aquaphor will be fine. I prefer cetaphil or the generic versions of it. It's a hypo-allergenic moisturizing lotion

Hey Holly where have you been getting your ink done? I am thinking of getting my first tattoo covered up, and have been out of the scene for a LONG time. So I know very little about what shops are doing good work. Anyone else in the cleveland akron area can chime in also. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...