Motorcyclist Escapes OSP After 30-Mile Chase

sonavabeech

:lol: It's difficult to hear the sirens when you're riding a loud bike. ;)

All joking aside... people go into court with reasons like this and that's how we end up with these nanny-state laws about the type of exhausts you can have, etc. etc. etc.

Yea, the FIRST one to use that excuse gets off, but the rest of us pay for it.

Does anyone else see a problem with the OSP "chasing" someone on a bike suspected of drunk driving?

I thought a chase wasn't permited if the safety of the chasee was at risk, sounds pretty risky to chase a drunk motorcyclist,

even if the biker wasn't drunk, most motorcycle chases end with the biker losing control. They should have most likely not given chase.

Does anyone else see a problem with the OSP "chasing" someone on a bike suspected of drunk driving?

I thought a chase wasn't permited if the safety of the chasee was at risk' date=' sounds pretty risky to chase a drunk motorcyclist,

even if the biker wasn't drunk, most motorcycle chases end with the biker losing control. They should have most likely not given chase.[/quote']

Staties love a chase. I've talked to a couple of them in the local car club and they say that when other precincts (like Dayton metro) don't want to chase, they'll radio the plate to the staties and let them chase.

It's OSP. Are they really gonna give up a chance to chase?

Fingerprints-jail for lying.

Gloves.

Fingerprints are much harder to get than most think. Especially off of a handlebar like most motorcycles. Besides, if it is his bike, he will have prints on it anyways.

maybe he meant lack of fingerprints by the guy that "stole" it.