Man chooses death by firing squad

chevysoldier

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/06/18/update-firing-squad-kills-utah-man/

ronniegardner.jpg

After exhausting his appeals and when asked how he'd like to die, Gardner told a judge in April that he'd like the firing squad.

According to Utah state laws he had the option of choosing between lethal injection and a five man firing squad with rifles, although state legislators stopped allowing death row inmates to choose their method of punishment in 2004.

Gardner was allowed to choose however because he was imprisoned before then.

He was pronounced dead at 12:17 a.m. after a firing squad fired bullets into his chest where a target was pinned over his heart.

The shooters aren't supposed to know with certainty that they were the one.

So one rifle is blank. And there is a backup shooter in case someone loses his nerve.

and there is a backup shooter for the backup shooter.

No one has ever lost their nerve, as part of the firing squad.

There's a good CNN article/interview with one of the firing squad. If I can find it again, I'll post the link.

Executioner: Death by firing squad is '100 percent justice'

Edited by ReconRat
add link

i think the guillotine is the best form of execution....its literally foolproof :D

Maybe foolproof but if I remember correctly, the blade would dull out after a few people. Sometimes the blade wouldn't cut all the way through and the executioner would have to reset it and try again or finish with an ax.

Maybe foolproof but if I remember correctly, the blade would dull out after a few people. Sometimes the blade wouldn't cut all the way through and the executioner would have to reset it and try again or finish with an ax.

yep...usually took 3 or 4 chops to actually do the job

not that im opposed to those bastards feeling a little pain

No' date=' it wouldn't. The reason the chair and the needle aren't a deterrent is due to its lack of use. Firing squad would yield the same results, due to a lack of use.

[/quote']

Ok I was meaning if more states implemented it on a regular basis...like without the 25 years of appeals and all of that b.s.

another thing i always wondered.....when the head is chopped off clean, does the brain continue to function normally for a few seconds ? i wondered if the person had a couple of seconds of awareness.....is it normal to wonder about things like this ? i think an experiment might be in order...............:) ....volunteers ? :D