Working on the bike with a Newbe

Jeepman3ski

I need to do my first oil change and tighten my chain since I bought my bike. I was going to try to do it this weekend. Would anyone be willing to lend a hand with this. The oil change shouldn't be an issue. I just need someone to guide me through tightening the chain. I am mechanically inclined and work on my Jeep regularly. I have tools as well. If there is a special tool I can pick it up. Just looking for a little guidance for my first time. Anyone want to help pop my cherry? :fruit: I'm pretty open on when and what day if you can do it this weekend. Pizza/beer will be provided. I live in the short north.

My rear stand has the little arms that go under the swing arm. I don't have spools. (I found a rear stand for 20 bucks on CL) Thanks for the telling me its really easy (I'm sure its simple). But just for my peace of mind I like to have someone who knows what they are doing walk me through it the first time. It's not like my jeep if I mess something up where I just tow it home with another jeep and fix it. I can get thrown off of this thing...

Edited by Jeepman3ski

Working this weekend though. I can help out early next week. Easy job, to say the least. The manual will give you the suggested chain play, usually less than 2 inches. It takes minutes, but happy to help if a time after the weekend works.