anybody recommend a good car mechanic?

redrocket04

So, yeah. My first car has developed a few issues I'd like to get fixed, but I don't know of any mechanics that are decent. Dont want to randomly pick out of the phone book.

CV joints are clicking, so need them replaced.

Power steering is out.

Bexley Car Care. 614-236-5664. It's on Livingston just east of the I70 on-ramp. Mike is the owner/operator and runs it like he wants your business. An employee (of mine) saved $200 just by comparing their estimate to the one they got at a national chain. I highly recommend.

Edited by C-bus
Didn't want you to think I was talking about one of his employees.

I'm watching this thread.

A good mechanic is a rare find.

I had a great one but he is off doing hookers and blow and can't be bothered with wrenches these days. Damn! :(

Hookers and blow? hmmm uh did ya see which way he went? Mebbe if I kin ketch up to him, he might share.

It's a 96 Ford Probe GT. thanks for the suggestions. I don't mind driving for good work.

Those thins are...Interesting... A not so nice mix of Ford and Mazda.

Axle shafts are about $325 + tax installed.

Worst case on the power steering is about $650, if the steering rack is bad, that includes alignment.

Those thins are...Interesting... A not so nice mix of Ford and Mazda.

Axle shafts are about $325 + tax installed.

Worst case on the power steering is about $650, if the steering rack is bad, that includes alignment.

Lol, you can say it. They suck to work on, and aren't that great a car.:)

Way back in high school, c.1996, a bright red Probe gt was the car I wanted. Almost to an obsession. Other than the name, I loved everything about it. So good ol' mom and dad bought me one. Drove it my senior year of high school, though 4 years of college, and then parked it and bought something else. I'm a sentimental guy, what can I say?

Lol, you can say it. They suck to work on, and aren't that great a car.:)

Way back in high school, c.1996, a bright red Probe gt was the car I wanted. Almost to an obsession. Other than the name, I loved everything about it. So good ol' mom and dad bought me one. Drove it my senior year of high school, though 4 years of college, and then parked it and bought something else. I'm a sentimental guy, what can I say?

I wouldn't say that they're bad cars. They're actually some pretty dependable cars. As for suck to work on... I've gotten to the point that pretty much any car sucks to work on. Even the old stuff sucks, because I've practically forgotten how, since I don't see many of them anymore!

High school in c.1996? :nono: Damn kids....

Go with Porter and Chevysoldiers shop.

Porter/Chevy. When you guys gonna get your shop to sponsor here and give discounts?

I actually thought about talking to the owner of the shop about that, I guess I need to quit the laziness and do it.

Don's Car Care in Whitehall on E. Main St. I've taken my current car and my last two cars to him every time something went horribly wrong with them and he's never done me or anyone I've sent there wrong. They do solid work for an affordable price. I highly recommend them.

So, yeah. My first car has developed a few issues I'd like to get fixed, but I don't know of any mechanics that are decent. Dont want to randomly pick out of the phone book.

CV joints are clicking, so need them replaced.

Power steering is out.

don t take your car to anybody else than ZB Lorenc... Sigmatec Automotive in Hilliard

very fair and dirt cheap and very knowledgeable