starting question

Mister2

hey guys... my 2000 CBR 600 F4 has been sitting for the last 2 weeks...and i go to ride it yesterday it starts up and runs normal so i take off down the road after letting it warm up a bit...then it starts to load up a bit so i gently gas it it bring it out of it and it clears up...i start slowing for an upcoming stop sign and the bike stalls and will not restart..all it does is crank....well i figure maybe its flooded (jetted carbs and its 90+ degrees out) so i let it sit for a couple hours and try to restart...it tries to fire for a second then nothing...just cranks....and same thing today also...i checked fuses all good...battery is new...can feel/hear fuel pump come on but i checked power to #1 coil and i am only getting 1.5v for like a second then no power at all...does anyone have any ideas??? sorry for the long story...

• 1 month later...

Ideas from simple to complex:

Maybe a dead battery? Mine drains pretty quickly when I let it sit. It might have had enough to start the bike, but not enough to sustain it.

The other thing could be, gasoline varnished the fuel filter. You burned through what was in the bowls and because the filter is sealed up, nothing is getting through.

Up next, could be dirty carbs/clogged jets. Easy to fix, just time consuming.

My guess though is the battery.

I replaced the battery, put it on a trickle charger, and still no luck. I topped off the fuel. I always use super and not the stuff from Flying J. It's not the fuel pump, because you hear it run for the fuel injection when you turn the key. I'm having new spark plugs put in as my next step.