Christian Sport Bike Assoc July 17th Ride

JCMathis

Ok everyone, the route we will be taking is out to the Ohio River and back. The total distance is 317 miles. With that being said it will probably be good if we depart no later than 8:30 am. We will meet at the Calvary Chapel of Columbus at 8:00 am located at 6075 Livingston Ave http://calvarychapelcolumbus.com/directions/

Here is a link to the map of the route: http://ridewithgps.com/trips/66864

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a time estimate on this? It looks like it would be an awesome ride!

According to the mapping software it is saying 8 hours but I am not sure how accurate that is. If for some reason you needed to bail early you could certainly jump on the interstate and cut off a couple hours of time. I would actually be surprised if it took that long but with gas and lunch stops I guess it could.

8 hours is fine with me, and my little bike doesn't really care for the interstate!

I have something I would like to do that evening, just trying to see if I can do both! That, and I wanted to keep bumping the thread back up!

When loading the file into the Zumo, it said 315 miles and 5 hours 49 minutes which is averaging 55 mph for the trip. So, an 8 hour day of riding, gassing, waiting, and eating sounds very much in order. leave 8:30 back by 4:30 (ish)

See y'all then.

One thing everyone should know. We are planning on having lunch at Beallsville Diner. They do not accept credit/debit cards so please bring some cash. They are not expensive and have great food.

There will be 3 gas stops:

Gas Stop 1 - BP - Located at 68 Miles on route

Malta, OH

Gas Stop 2 - BP - located at 161 Miles on route

Woodsfield, OH

Gas Stop 3 - Speedway - located at 230 miles on route

Cambridge, OH

With these 70 to 90 mile apart gas stops, you could almost bring your Sportster......

Come gassed up - we meet at 8AM and leave at 8:30AM. Lunch at Bealesville should hit around 11:30. Bring Cash!!!

Do you have the tire? There are many around that will help you out.

I'm debating bringing the old bike for this.

I've got the install and everything taken care of. Tire is in the mail, I just need to see if I can find the free time in my schedule to go get it swapped before the ride.

Sat is my only day off this week and I doubt I can get a tire changed and meet you all up by 830am on the same day.

I really wanna come along on this ride, but I have to convince my girlfriend to let me get out of going to her family reunion in order to do so. I thought this kind of stuff only happened in bad stand-up routines :|

I really wanna come along on this ride, but I have to convince my girlfriend to let me get out of going to her family reunion in order to do so. I thought this kind of stuff only happened in bad stand-up routines :|

Nope! We have so many things this weekend that I really doubt we'll make it to all. A reunion is just one of them! Fortunately for me, none of them interfere with this ride!

I just need to decide if I think the Interceptor is up to the beating I would put it through on this ride, or if I should just take the 250.