No more cheap stuff from China?

chevysoldier

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38151061/ns/business-us_business/

SHANGHAI — Factory workers demanding better wages and working conditions are hastening the eventual end of an era of cheap costs that helped make southern coastal China the world's factory floor.

A series of strikes over the past two months have been a rude wakeup call for the many foreign companies that depend on China's low costs to compete overseas, from makers of Christmas trees to manufacturers of gadgets like the iPad.

Some manufacturers are coming back to the states for cost saving reasons now.

China has also started to free up the monetary trade imbalance in currency exchanges. Which means stuff won't be so cheap in China anymore. That will also increase prices of Chinese goods, if purchased with USD.

I guess walmart will have to roll forward prices.. the nascar watching, skoal chewing, wife beating, real tree clothes wearing red necks are going to have to pay a little extra for their fine quality crafted furniture.

Edited by serpentracer

I guess walmart will have to roll forward prices.. the nascar watching, skoal chewing, wife beating, real tree clothes wearing red necks are going to have to pay a little extra for their fine quality crafted furniture.

i was sorta offended by this then i realized i buy amish furniture.......:)