Riding Down through Cuyahoga Falls Valley

Decimation

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cruise around the valley basically everytime i ride. i like it down there, and its usually about an 1.5 ride which is perfect after work. pm me fuckers so we can ride together at some point. i'm growing tired of riding solo.

yea yea one of these days it'll actually work out and I won't just follow you in a damn suv :lol:

Pavement can be rough. I like that kind of thing though. Gravel, mud, dirt, pot holes, whatever it makes things interesting. If you can learn to ride with shitty roads then riding down south/ nice pavement is a absolute pleasure. I wish I were closer to Canton/ Akron so the ride south wasn't a chore. If I were down there there's no way I would ever come up this direction. But since it takes a solid hour to get to Canton. The Valley is aright for an after work or quick weekend evening ride but I like some of the Geauga/Lake county stuff better.

Talk about horrible roads...come to Ravenna. The main roads are alright, but 90% of the fun back roads are sooo bad. I found some nice twisties off of Rt 14, but when I went deeper into them, it was like having a seizure on a rollercoaster.

Talk about horrible roads...come to Ravenna. The main roads are alright, but 90% of the fun back roads are sooo bad. I found some nice twisties off of Rt 14, but when I went deeper into them, it was like having a seizure on a rollercoaster.

Where are you finding fun roads in Ravenna? Unless dodging potholes and tar snakes is fun. Most of it is straight and pothollie(not sure that's a word)

i noticed that in kent while out with rosie (tony's wife) some of the backroads that youd wish where better are so bad that you cant even have fun on them..

so you wanna organize another shot at that canton ride? :D

Only good road I know of in Ravenna is 44 south to get the hell out! :rolleyes:

I usually take Auburn which turns into Diagonal?. One very short section that can be fun if there weren't so many driveways and traffic. I mean short! It might actually be in Mantua not Ravenna.

I go down rt 14 like I'm going to go to Streetsboro. You come to a 4 way and there's a huge farm with horses on it (name escapes me). Bang a left at that farm and just follow it. It's residential for awhile, but it get's better. I'll post a map in a minute, I'm in class right now.

Only good road I know of in Ravenna is 44 south to get the hell out! :rolleyes:

I usually take Auburn which turns into Diagonal?. One very short section that can be fun if there weren't so many driveways and traffic. I mean short! It might actually be in Mantua not Ravenna.

Oh man, screw Mantua. Coming from Ravenna to Mantua, the speed limit goes from 45 to 25 with little to no warning. Such a speed trap.

yeah thats mantua... or shalersville which ever you call it.. my mom lives off of diagonal. thats where i want to go exploring soon.. going to her house in the car is fun..

technically I'm in shalersville. It goes Ravenna - Shalersville - Mantua if you follow 44

yeah thats mantua... or shalersville which ever you call it.. my mom lives off of diagonal. thats where i want to go exploring soon.. going to her house in the car is fun..

Hiram has some Ok stuff (for up here) along with Nelson. After that to the North is basically all the stuff I ride on a regular basis.

I hate those roads that are fun in a car and are boring on a bike. 86 and rt. 6 coming west out of Chardon are like that.

Where are you finding fun roads in Ravenna? Unless dodging potholes and tar snakes is fun. Most of it is straight and pothollie(not sure that's a word)

The only somewhat fun road I've found out our way is Brady Lake Rd. to Ravenna Rd out past the lake, but that's about it.

yeah lets do it..

excellent....I dunno when, we can talk about it tomorrow then. We just gotta get someone to lead again since I have no clue what roads we were even going to do

excellent....I dunno when, we can talk about it tomorrow then. We just gotta get someone to lead again since I have no clue what roads we were even going to do

Curby said he'd lead again if we ever wanted to come back that way.

K, here's what I was talking about. Didn't know it was called diagonal rd, pretty sure someone already said something about it. It's not bad, but if you come to a 3-way fork in the road, just stay straight. Those splits are the ones that made me feel like I was having an epileptic fit.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=rt+14+and+diagonal+rd+intersection+ravenna,+ohio+44266&sll=41.220631,-81.301918&sspn=0.064431,0.110035&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Ohio+14+%26+Diagonal+Rd,+Streetsboro,+Portage,+Ohio+44241&ll=41.219728,-81.315093&spn=0.008054,0.013754&z=16