Benefit Ride, Van Wert-Lima Area

FranknStein

Hey guys, I havn't been a member for long and I havn't been around for a bit, but I wanted to see if anyone was interested in a benefit ride I am organizing for a brother of mine who had a terrible bike wreck just before father's day. A Semi traveling in the opposite direction kicked up a two by four which was laying on the road and it struck him in the head fracturing a orange sized portion of his skull after which, as he was already unconcious, he laid the bike down. 15 days of drug induced coma, massive brain surgery, and he is now actually shocking all doctors with his miraculous steps toward recovery. I will be shooting for mid to late september and will follow up with further details as they are structured, but it will be a good ride for a great cause, so if anyone is interested it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all who have expressed interest thus far. Details are in the works and a concrete date should be posted in about a week. Poker run seems to be the going concensus with stops around the area. Hopefully all culminating into a evening party where prizes will be awarded with perhaps a 50/50 or prize package raffle. Some area businesses are coming on board with some nice merchant donations. So it should be an excellent time. My friend is continuing to shock all medical professionals with his recovery and is currently walking with the aid of a walker, and was just moved to soft, but solid food. He is truly the epitome of grit and has already forced us to formulate a plan to rebuild his bike. Hell I think he would ride in his own benefit if he could. Thanks again, I'll keep you all posted and maybe try to interest some of the Columbus/Dayton area riders in the run.

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update that this event is still in the works. It looks like it may get pushed back to very early October, but it is progressing well. Some local businesses are being very generous and it looks as if we will be able to offer a rather exciting array of prizes. Should be a great ride and a great party. I will update with further info later in the week and encourage anyone who could make the event to support this worth while cause. Tell your friends and neighbors, come October we party in the sticks.

• 3 weeks later...

The event is on and the date is set for Saturday Oct. 9th prize packages are being worked up, and it is shaping up into a great event. I hope anyone not busy that weekend will attend for a great ride and to support one hell of a rider.

Edited by FranknStein

Still interested but Saturdays are no good for me for the forseeable future. I work third shift so I get off work Saturday morning and I have to be back at work Saturday night, can't afford to take any days off either. If that changes I'll let you know though.

• 3 weeks later...