Time for New Brake Pads.....

600ZZ4eb

I wasnt sure where to post this, but here goes.....

Its time for new pads on my zzr. I've been looking around and have come across a couple on ebay and wanted to get some options. Here is what i have so far.

http://cgi.ebay.com/06-08-Kawasaki-Z...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/KAWASAKI-Front-Rear-Brake-Pads-ZZR-600-ZZR600-05-08_W0QQitemZ120596893493QQcategoryZ35592QQvarZQQcm dZViewItem

I'm also looking at some EBC (i think) pads also. They are a little more for both front and reat, but i wanna get some good ones. I normally commute to work, but have spirited jounts in the twisties at least once a month. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ebon

I've heard very good things about EBC HH pads. I'll be putting them on my bike as soon as I scrounge up some cash.

I've got them on mine now. They aren't bad for stopping power and distance, but I'm told they are considerably louder than other pads. I'm going to try a set of Vesrah's when these are all done.

Cheech - how long u had then?

Season and change, put about 1500 miles on them thus far. I kinda screwed up a little and replaced the front rotors without putting on new pads (the pads only had about 200 miles on them), so that might be factoring into my noise issue somewhat.

Season and change, put about 1500 miles on them thus far. I kinda screwed up a little and replaced the front rotors without putting on new pads (the pads only had about 200 miles on them), so that might be factoring into my noise issue somewhat.

ok, what kind of noise we talking about? I get squeeking now from mine, but how would you describe the noise they make? Can you hear it when slowing down or almost when your at a complete stop? Is it annoying? Sorry for all the questions. :-)

ok, what kind of noise we talking about? I get squeeking now from mine, but how would you describe the noise they make? Can you hear it when slowing down or almost when your at a complete stop? Is it annoying? Sorry for all the questions. :-)

No worries Ebon. :) It starts whenever brake pressure is applied at speed, it's like a dull whine that tapers off just before full stop or gets louder the more pressure is applied.

No worries Ebon. :) It starts whenever brake pressure is applied at speed, it's like a dull whine that tapers off just before full stop or gets louder the more pressure is applied.

Interstest....i guess as long as thats normal it would be ok. You getting used to the noise?

I wanna get some pads that will work for my style of riding (which aint really fast, but i like to stop at any speed LOL). I'm curious is all sincenster style pads make those types of noises.....

Anyone know if cermanic pads are worth the extra coin? EBC has some of those as well that i think are about $10 more per pad....

Interstest....i guess as long as thats normal it would be ok. You getting used to the noise?

I wanna get some pads that will work for my style of riding (which aint really fast, but i like to stop at any speed LOL). I'm curious is all sincenster style pads make those types of noises.....

Anyone know if cermanic pads are worth the extra coin? EBC has some of those as well that i think are about $10 more per pad....

Don't know about that, but I've heard some good things on the Vesrah's from some of the racers on here. My point is if it's good enough for the track, it's good enough for me to putt around in (with notable exceptions, like tires).

For what it's worth, I don't go out for the twisties on my bonnie but it is my daily commuter vehicle. I just put a set of ceramic EBC double H pads on and I'm very satisfied with them. I had the regular organic pads before these and there's a noticable difference.

I'm told they are considerably louder than other pads

Do you have the organic EBC pads or the ceramic? The organics were a bit louder on my bike but after a few days of riding I didn't really notice it and don't hear a peep out of the ceramics.

Do you have the organic EBC pads or the ceramic? The organics were a bit louder on my bike but after a few days of riding I didn't really notice it and don't hear a peep out of the ceramics.

Organics if memory serves.

Just do your research and get what you will feel happy and SAFE with. Personally, I have went with Vesrahs for the last few years and love them. I know of a of guys use Carbone Lorraines and love them also, so it just comes down to personal pref and how much you want to spend.

EBC HH are well known for being loud but they do a pretty good job of stopping, alot better than say OEM pads. I'm currently running Carbone Lorraine pads. They are ALOT better than the EBC pads but without the noise. They seem to be "dirtier" but I can live with that. Longevity of them seems to be pretty good also. I'll be using them again.

Why didn't you just ask about what oil, or tires to get? :lol:

I'm impressed with the responses so far! I'm going to be looking for brakes for the Interceptor (if I ever get it to where I'm just trying to keep it running) and will reference back to this thread, and Ben's review. I'm thinking about trying out a set of chinese rotors, pending a review on vfrworld.

Why didn't you just ask about what oil, or tires to get? :lol:

I'm impressed with the responses so far! I'm going to be looking for brakes for the Interceptor (if I ever get it to where I'm just trying to keep it running) and will reference back to this thread, and Ben's review. I'm thinking about trying out a set of chinese rotors, pending a review on vfrworld.

:confused: WTF? DONT!!

EBC HH are well known for being loud but they do a pretty good job of stopping, alot better than say OEM pads. I'm currently running Carbone Lorraine pads. They are ALOT better than the EBC pads but without the noise. They seem to be "dirtier" but I can live with that. Longevity of them seems to be pretty good also. I'll be using them again.

After the delamination bullshits that were well documented on here, I'll be staying away from Carbone Lorraine's.

My Vesrahs make race pad type noises I wouldn't tolerate on the street. For street riding I personally would use OEM.

Interesting point, haven't heard that brought up before. Can you elaborate a little bit more? I'm not familiar with track stuff yet, so I don't have a lot to work with.

Just the squeaking and squealing type noises through the paddock at low speeds, especially cold. Sometimes I give them a few jabs to try to make them stop, usually unsuccessful. I don't recall the stock pads ever making noise.

:confused: WTF? DONT!!

I don't really want to, I just can't find anything else for the old bitch that's vented, and won't cost more than replacing the bike. FML...

I guess I just need to just try to find some money somewhere to buy a newer VFR. :(