Time for New Brake Pads.....

600ZZ4eb

The Chinese rotors will be fine for your street bike.

OEM pads are good street pads. EBC HH Sintered are what I install on customer bikes. I would never install a set of "race" pads on a street bike.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy the CL pads' date=' either. In fact, that's prolly what's going on the wife's Monster on its next service.[/quote']

I'm just not big on buying Chinese goods, although I know that a LOT of stuff I use came from over there. From what I've heard, the one;s I was looking at (on Ebay) are pretty good quality.

I'm not a fan either' date=' but where else are you going to get rotors for that bike? The OEM units have to cost a small fortune, so you're left with little to contemplate. Of course, you could hit up the bike scrap yards with hopes of finding a pair that are true.[/quote']

EBC makes some, but they're expensive, and I've not heard too much GREAT about EBC, more like they're "ok", and for just "ok" I'll save a few $$$ if I can.

I guess the whole patriotism thing has me hesitating to buy from China.

I don't avoid Chinese goods because of Patriotism. That would actually not be in line with "free market" views. I try to avoid Chinese goods because of human rights violations' date=' but that's another topic for another forum for another day.[/quote']

Gotcha, I'm just not happy about all the work that has gone to other countries that used to be done here. As you say, another thread, another time.

My main concern with a lot of Chinese goods is the quality, although that has been improving in general.

You could buy an expensive rotor made in America' date=' by union factory workers.. or, you could buy the Chinese rotor for half price and not notice a difference. :dunno:[/quote']

:lol: The union worker thing is a whole other issue as well! Why has so much stuff been shipped out of the country for production? :dunno:

I don't avoid Chinese goods because of Patriotism. That would actually not be in line with "free market" views. I try to avoid Chinese goods because of human rights violations' date=' but that's another topic for another forum for another day.[/quote']

I shop for the best value for my dollar, and I don't care if it's being manufactured by child slaves - I avoid chinese goods because they're JUNK. Especially anything that requires material and process control.

But sometimes the price is just too tempting to not give it a try. GLWJ.

Just the squeaking and squealing type noises through the paddock at low speeds, especially cold. Sometimes I give them a few jabs to try to make them stop, usually unsuccessful. I don't recall the stock pads ever making noise.

I've never had this on either of my bikes. I have the RJL's on my 1000rr and have used RJL and SRJL-17s on my 600rr race bike. Might be a space tolerance thing also. I have some rubbing/dangling with the race bike, but that due to not having any brake spring/plates to keep them in place.