Scrap it, Sell it or Part it out?

KL9 F4i

I finally got a truck. Black 05 Ranger with 39K 5 spd V6. It is everything I want / needed. My main focus was gas b/c my jeep was killing me and as long as the bike fits in the bed I'm happy and it looks like it will (tailgate down). So now I have 2 cars sitting in my driveway and I need to get rid of the jeep for some money $ for bike mods :) It is a 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6 4x4 so what do you guys think would be my best route? Try to sell the jeep or just scrap it or part it out?. It isn't in the greatest condition (busted back fender, split front fender+ a big dent on front ride quarter panel, probably needs an oil change.) However, interior is in pretty decent shape. Any opinions help especially those of you who might know a little more about this type of thing than me and have some experience. Trying to get the best bang for my buck!

a V6 in a jeep cherokee? I thought they were all inline 6. ^ oops didn't see your post already stating that. doh!

bring it down to cincinnati auto sales on the corner of grand and westwood ave. my friend owns the lot and might buy it if it's not too bad of shape.

or you could take it to west harrison auto auction wednesdays or saturdays. wed auctions start around 6 show up a little early to get it in and paperwork done etc.

I don't know what time they start on sat.

Edited by serpentracer

a V6 in a jeep cherokee? I thought they were all inline 6. ^ oops didn't see your post already stating that. doh!

Some of the 80's Cherokee's had a GM 2.8 (V6) in them, if I remember right (too lazy to look) but not in the Grand Cherokee.

Well then.. vote goes to selling it! Max power, I know its not V8 so its a 4.0 Inline6 (my bad on the v6), its a grand cherokee (limited) with about 135-140Kish ill have to check on it. Serpent I am in Cincy lol probably 10-15 mins from grand and westwood ave. I might run an ad on here and CL while im in Florida next week and if i dont get anyone showing interest on it, ill contact you when I get back and maybe have your buddy check it out....Thanks for all the help guys!

Well then.. vote goes to selling it! Max power, I know its not V8 so its a 4.0 Inline6 (my bad on the v6), its a grand cherokee (limited) with about 135-140Kish ill have to check on it. Serpent I am in Cincy lol probably 10-15 mins from grand and westwood ave. I might run an ad on here and CL while im in Florida next week and if i dont get anyone showing interest on it, ill contact you when I get back and maybe have your buddy check it out....Thanks for all the help guys!

I just sold my dads 98 w/ 140k for $4200. It was in VGC tho.

Allisroom050.jpg

I Kelley Blue booked it and on there it was priced at $3,045.00 for Fair condition so I was gunna maybe try to get like 2,600.00 but for an OR/relative id be willing to work with the price a little lol if that was somewhere near your brothers range...Like i said the thing needs some TLC though I'd feel bad if it shit out on him. Im going to throw it up on Craigslist either tomorrow or friday once I get some pictures you can check it out there if you would like or I can PM you......Damn, that is one clean jeep for a '98!! Not bad!

I Kelley Blue booked it and on there it was priced at $3,045.00 for Fair condition so I was gunna maybe try to get like 2,600.00 but for an OR/relative id be willing to work with the price a little lol if that was somewhere near your brothers range...Like i said the thing needs some TLC though I'd feel bad if it shit out on him. Im going to throw it up on Craigslist either tomorrow or friday once I get some pictures you can check it out there if you would like or I can PM you......Damn, that is one clean jeep for a '98!! Not bad!

He's really good w/ working on pretty much everything, so I'll ask him and see what he thinks.