need squidly advice

SpeedTriple44444

I ride a Speed Triple, but have never gotten the hang of riding a wheelie. Just doesn't seem right. Anyone have any suggestions?

In first, it will easily power wheelie, but it comes up quick. In second, it just doesn't have quite enough to get my fat (250 lb.) ass up without clutching it.

How do I go about getting the feel for the balance point when it comes up so quick?

just rev it up (idk what your redline is, but on a sport bike where redline is 15-16k, you would rev it to about 8 or 9) competly let off the throttle then jump back into with. Do this very quickly and when you give it throttle grab the handle bars and pull back.

just rev it up (idk what your redline is, but on a sport bike where redline is 15-16k, you would rev it to about 8 or 9) competly let off the throttle then jump back into with. Do this very quickly and when you give it throttle grab the handle bars and pull back.

power wheelies teach throttle control so i agree with this^

buy a cheap dirt bike for like $400 and practice on it...then resell for the same amount you paid

practice clutching it up, its easier than powering it

Sounds like good advice. I think part of the problem is getting the guts to launch it up to the balance point.

I wheelied the hell out of my Triumph. I crashed too. Make sure you consider what life would be like with two broken wrists before you go hellfire for it. Maybe age has slowed me down a bit, but I'm ok without the whoolies now.

I wheelied the hell out of my Triumph. I crashed too. Make sure you consider what life would be like with two broken wrists before you go hellfire for it. Maybe age has slowed me down a bit, but I'm ok without the whoolies now.

Winar!

I know you're right, but it just seems wrong somehow to own a Speed Triple and not being able to wheelie it. I gotta try it.

Lol my bad i thought the speed triple was a smaller bike. Guess I should learn more about non jap bikes. Lol. I'm not really a fan of doing wheelies, that's just another way to get me in trouble. My cbr pulls pretty hard so its pretty easy to pull it up.

Well... I practiced just powering it up in first last night. It's really easy to get up to the balance point, but harder to stay in it once it's up that high.

I don't know why I want to do this so much... but it is fun. I scared a couple bicyclists in my neighborhood (I live out in the middle of nowhere). I got looks of disapproval :lol: