Mid powered sport tourer?

progrmr

I did a demo on a street triple R and was shocked with the performence. I would love to get one to replace my triple. it is almost the same power just less ft lbs. They handle very well, and it is much lighter then my 10 year old triple is. To bad it was only a 10 mile demo ride with a control rider up front. Never been on a monster but like the looks of them. Almost bought a s2r awhile back.

Honestly, I wonder often if I shouldn't have bought a street R instead of the Speedy. The SOUND of those things all wound up is just music. Really, how much hp do you need? The torque on the 1050 is sometimes more of a liability. You have to be real careful with traction riding it hard.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta give a bump to the Triumph. But if the single sided swingarm scares you look at the Sprint RS or even a Tiger. Parts are easy to find and the knowledge base for them is excellent.

The only thing I can say bad abut the Triumph is the dumb questions you get asked about them.

Oh and the Harley crowd doesn't frown upon them.

Why is it that no one makes a light touring bike? All I want is a bike that has good ergos, adjustable front and rear suspension, with hard bags standard. Make it weigh around 500 pounds wet, with around 110 bhp and 70ft pounds. You can make a bandit fit this set up but I don't know of any bike makers that have a bike that fits this set up? Oh and it should not cost $15k like the vfr does now. I think I see a sport touring bandit 1250 in my future sometime soon.

I will take one of these please!

bikepics-1894411-800.jpg

Edited by speedytriple

Why is it that no one makes a light touring bike? All I want is a bike that has good ergos, adjustable front and rear suspension, with hard bags standard. Make it weigh around 500 pounds wet, with around 110 bhp and 70ft pounds. You can make a bandit fit this set up but I don't know of any bike makers that have a bike that fits this set up? Oh and it should not cost $15k like the vfr does now. I think I see a sport touring bandit 1250 in my future sometime soon.

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKPwX1Xee5E

sure if I want a nice bike to sit and not run I would go buy one. NOT! Pure shit those things are. 3 guys I ride with have had them, 2 sold them in anger. The other guy has his pretty bike sitting now for over a year trying to fix all the broke stuff on it. I already have a project bike in my garage that needs some work done to it why would I want another? Besides they have not made that bike in what 5 years?

sure if I want a nice bike to sit and not run I would go buy one. NOT! Pure shit those things are. 3 guys I ride with have had them, 2 sold them in anger. The other guy has his pretty bike sitting now for over a year trying to fix all the broke stuff on it. I already have a project bike in my garage that needs some work done to it why would I want another? Besides they have not made that bike in what 5 years?

I know, we talked about this before. Hence the ;)

You gotta admit though that when they do run, they are nice.

Look at VFR800s - simular to your old KAT but twice the bike. I dont know how much you want to spend but you can find even new ones (6th gens) at a good discount.
don't buy anything until you've tried out a VFR
i second the viffer, it was my second choice when i bought mine.
I "vote" for the VFR.

absolutely love my VFR with helibars, comfortable as hell. Over the winter I'm going to send the seat out for upgrade and I could go all day on it

I really like the z750s. I really like the semi-naked look. A quick look around craigslist doesn't seem like there are many for sale out there.

I'll be selling mine, just not yet. If you're really interested in one, PM me.

Edited by Tpoppa

I know, we talked about this before. Hence the ;)

You gotta admit though that when they do run, they are nice.

If they ran as nice as they looked i would have one in the garage. Sucks they have many small problems that are not gonna fly on a touring bike. If I am buying a bike that I am gonna put 10k miles a year on it better have no problems.

Quit your crabbin Bad I have a stock seat on my triple and rack miles up on a plank of wood for a seat grow a set and get that pad outta yer crack LOL! Next thing you will want heated grips for that vfr? Maybe cruise control? bwahaha.

Quit your crabbin Bad I have a stock seat on my triple and rack miles up on a plank of wood for a seat grow a set and get that pad outta yer crack LOL! Next thing you will want heated grips for that vfr? Maybe cruise control? bwahaha.

:p

Stock seat isn't terrible, but for $100...why not upgrade? Oh and yes, cruise control will be happening at some point I'm guessing :D

You better start doing some 400+ mile days on that vfr! If not sell it to me I will be glad to rack the miles up on it for ya!

The plan is to hit a 400 mile day on it for sure, hoping its before the season ends but kind of doubtful. Right now my wrist max's out at 250 before I want to cut it off

??? what I am gonna have to came pick that thing up this week from ya!! I am taking you out on the vfr this weekend for a nice ride. clear your sunday LOL!

haha baseball and basketball injuries catching up to me. Sundays are no good for me :(

I have an 07 z1000 and it offers no wind protection what so ever stock. They do make a taller wind screen for it and a corbin seat if you wanted to take it on longer rides. It is a nice up right riding position and I have done 200 mile rides on it but my ass felt it with the stock seat! If anyone is looking to get into a second gen z I'll let mine go for $4500, way under book! I'm looking at getting into a 1050 triple!