Obama in Columbus

gen3flygirl

COLUMBUS, Ohio — President Barack Obama will meet with a central Ohio family to discuss the economy during his visit to Columbus, the White House announced Monday.

Obama will arrive on Tuesday night and stay through Wednesday afternoon, to attend a fund raising event for Gov. Ted Strickland and the Ohio Democratic Party, 10TV News reported.

Air Force One is scheduled to arrive in Columbus shortly after 10 p.m. Tuesday, the White House said.

The White House said before he attends the fund raiser, Obama will visit a private home on Wednesday morning.

The location of the house, and information on the family who will be meeting the president, was not released by the White House.

A news release from the White House said Obama will "meet with a local family at their home before hosting a discussion on the economy with families from the area."

The White House did not release any further details.

Obama is scheduled to depart aboard Air Force One shortly after 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

(in b4 jrmmiii)

You wouldn't have bitched about this when your boy W or his dad was prez.

:devil: (closest I could find to "fanning the flames").

Yeah, I'm sure I did bitch about that actually. LOL.

I hate when the/any president comes to town. They close down the freaking freeway.

If i'm not mistaken, for George W they decided to shut down the highways during rush hour... someone should do a calculation of the estimated time lost by the thousands of people, make an estimate of how much that hurts the local economy... then remove it from whoever's paycheck that planned this shindig.... :)

If i'm not mistaken, for George W they decided to shut down the highways during rush hour... someone should do a calculation of the estimated time lost by the thousands of people, make an estimate of how much that hurts the local economy... then remove it from whoever's paycheck that planned this shindig.... :)

Not to mention that the local area foots the bill for all the security that goes along with the travelling circus (apart from SS that comes along)