GI: Ashtabula Covered Bridge Ride 2010?

armith

if I do make it, I'm gonna be cutting it close to meeting by 10:45 so I was just gonna slab it out from my place which would be 271->480->90

i think you're adding an extra step... no need to get on 480 if you're already on 271, just stay there til you get to 90:D

FYI- Plymouth Ridge Rd. is closed @ the I-90 overpass bridge if your planning on using Ply. Ridge Rd. as part of your route from the Olin bridge to the Beneka bridge.

The streets app wants to go that way but as I recall Benetka is not paved north of the bridge.. last year we came in from the south.. We back tracked olin since it was closed.. Weather hasn't been cooperative for me the last couple days so going to test run the route today in my car to account for any other suprises.. Thanks for the heads up!

30% chance of sprinkles and high of 56.. Make sure everyone dresses accordingly for a cool ride.. I might have a couple spare glove warmer heat pack things..

And just as a courtesy in case anyone is coming up from a longer distance or doesn't want to do the whole trip there and back in one day.. We have room for guests and a garage to keep the bike(s) out of the elements.. PM me if interested.. Ashtabula is about an hour 10 from my house but it's a straight shot up 11.

Just throwing it out here.. Assuming things are going well, weather is cooperative.. Would anyone be willing to add a few extra miles and swing thru Mesopotamia.. It's a very nice Amish community and their town square is pretty scenic.. adds a about 20 extra miles (a little more if we don't slab down 11 from andover) to the trip but can be skipped without effecting the bridge route.

Just giving out options for those in for autumn scenery.

Just throwing it out here.. Assuming things are going well, weather is cooperative.. Would anyone be willing to add a few extra miles and swing thru Mesopotamia.. It's a very nice Amish community and their town square is pretty scenic.. adds a about 20 extra miles (a little more if we don't slab down 11 from andover) to the trip but can be skipped without effecting the bridge route.

Just giving out options for those in for autumn scenery.

i think this would be a good "optional" after dinner @ the pizza shop.

forecast is a little less favorable (still 30%-50% chance of showers and high in upper 50s) so if anyone is backing out not a problem just please let me know ASAP.. It takes me an hour+ to get to bula and I'll be kinda pissed if only 2 people show up to ride.. I'd rather cancel and cut my losses.

Edited by armith

I will be leaving Bedford 271/480 around 9 am and taking 271 to 90. So if anybody else wants to ride out that way, let me know.

If the forecast improves and Bush Hog dosn't have me working it sounds like fun but the chance of rain has increased keep me updated.