New tires

Jeepman3ski

Has anyone ever run Dunlop Sportmax Q2? I am currently running Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers (which I think are stock) which I like but it seems they don't make them anymore. I haven't run anything else and I bet I wouldn't feel that much difference in the tires from all of the ones on the market. I'm looking for something I can put decent miles on. I have just under 8k on these and I have heard that is pretty good. Just looking for opinions...

Edited by Jeepman3ski

Q2's should be great. I had Dunlop Roadsmarts on my FJR and they are a dual compound tire. Great in all conditions. Check out the reviews on Motorcycle Superstore's site. You get a lot of usable reviews on there. If you order from them, the tires come from Kentucky so they arrive in three days, free ship.

To late I know, but you should have checked Jake Wilson or Compacc online, you might have saved quite a bit.

Wow I only got just under 2K miles on my set of Qualifiers on my Z1000 and they were trashed, front and back with no track days just street riding.

Personally I am pretty much sold on the Michelin tires myself Pilot Power (currently on the 1125R), Pilot Power 2CT, Pilot Road, and the Pilot Road 2 (currently on the Z1000)

• 2 weeks later...

motomummy had the q2's for $200 a set shipped. not sure if they're still doing it.

i'm running them right now, and they're pretty great. i literally have like almost .5 to .75" of tire left unused compared to my normal pace on pilot power 2ct's or BT016 or corsa III's. they slip very little while on the gas, even at a "good" lean angle (meaning, my pucks are firmly on the ground). they might even be a bit over kill for street use. i'd say they're perfect for intermediate-pace track use. just based on my limited experience with tread patterns and wet roads, the corsa III or the PP 2CT's are better, but then again... i'm a giant pussay in the rain, so whatevs.

Edited by jbot

While we're on the subject of tires: Does anyone have any experience with Michelin Power Pures??? I've run Dunlop Qualifiers (OEM), Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's, & (2) sets of Michelin Power One's on the current bike so far. I was thinking of getting something with a little more in the way of rain grooves now.

if you are baller like uncle punk, they're probably great for the type of riding you do. if you're a bit more subdued and not as redonkulous, i'd say just go with something more street oriented. i know plenty of people who run touring tires and get it edge to edge without any problems... and running them plenty damn quick.

in fact, i recently revived the aprilia from the semi-dead and it had conti road attacks or whatever the street tires are and they did ok at the track. i wasn't running super fast lap times on them, but definitely fine for intermediate pace at beaverun.