Bike changes for '08

JohnnyMac

I'm simply going to twist the throttle open longer and brake later... Should make it feel like a newer bike...

Or, I might actually get my 750 sold and buy a giggy 1k and go that route... Who knows, I guess...

I thought you were all about the 750. Didn't you indicate that the 750 was the best bike out? Correct me if I'm wrong. Not being a dick but just curious.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you were all about the 750. Didn't you indicate that the 750 was the best bike out? Correct me if I'm wrong. Not being a dick but just curious.

Well thing to remeber is his 750 is putting out pretty close the same HP as my Gix 1k. He has a true SuperSport Race motor built. Only problem with that is they need more tender love and care to keep them going each year.

He probably just wants the 1k and keep it stock (for now) for racing next year. Lizard just wants to put me another spot back on the result sheet..

It is the best bike, I think. However, nothing wrong with racing a 1000 is there? Should I ask your permission first? God forbid I ride anything else than a 750...

Not being a dick, of course...

Well thing to remeber is his 750 is putting out pretty close the same HP as my Gix 1k. He has a true SuperSport Race motor built. Only problem with that is they need more tender love and care to keep them going each year.

He probably just wants the 1k and keep it stock (for now) for racing next year. Lizard just wants to put me another spot back on the result sheet..

It would be a Superstock built motor, as well... 180 plus.

It is the best bike, I think. However, nothing wrong with racing a 1000 is there? Should I ask your permission first? God forbid I ride anything else than a 750...

Not being a dick, of course...

Just wondering why you'd be selling the best bike to bet a subpar one. But you answered my question with your... second reply post.

Bornsinner you better get a longer swing arm .....I'm giving up .Only going to ride once in a while. Life is going to change around here.I'm still going to spend all the money I can on it w/out her knowing!! So she can't bust my balls.I still be out rocking it when I can........I would like to do some rides w/ you guys ama or what ever you guys plan!! Smokey is going to come to ....if its ok!!:D My plan is body work, paint, and what ever I can get away with.

It would be a Superstock built motor, as well... 180 plus.

If I ever improve to finish top 5 regional then I might get motor work, but other then that for me it is a waste.

What size did you race when you raced for Kawasaki not sure I ever heard you say..

Bornsinner you better get a longer swing arm .....I'm giving up .Only going to ride once in a while. Life is going to change around here.I'm still going to spend all the money I can on it w/out her knowing!! So she can't bust my balls.I still be out rocking it when I can........I would like to do some rides w/ you guys ama or what ever you guys plan!! Smokey is going to come to ....if its ok!!:D My plan is body work, paint, and what ever I can get away with.

The ball and chain got you on lock down there Angrish....

You getting whipped....hahahha

237755091_b8e35cb5a8.jpg

Nutter jumped it twice too.

I heard from someone who raced the 500cc 2 stroke series said that the 250 2 strokes were more violent, faster in the dirt, and a lot scarier to ride.

======= MORE FUN......

I love my 250-2 smoke.. even though it has given me some hard times. She just needed some TLC.

Just wondering why you'd be selling the best bike to bet a subpar one. But you answered my question with your... second reply post.

Ok, let's get this all sorted so you can understand better, shall we? I said for track and street that the 750 is a better mount overall. Doesn't mean the best... doesn't mean the lowest ranked one, either. Get it?

Now, for a guy like you, a 750 is probably more than enough. Probably a 600. For me, I'm a rockstar and a pro rider destined to be signed for a MotoGP team so, a 1000 fits the bill.

Jesus.

The deal is that I have raced 600s for probably close to 10 years solid. Still ride them one off at times. I raced the 750 for the first time (When I say race, I mean a whole season) in 2002 alongside my 600. I preferred the 750. More power, easy to handle. Not a breeze as it was more powerful - just not horrible and heavy like the 100s were at that time.

Today, I'd like to do a 1000 and a 600. Why? Contingency. Those are the two bikes that are classed in any organization. I can still race the 750 all day long with WERA and others, but a 1000 or a 600 is where you want to be for money and overall competition...

I have had enough of 600s. I'm old and get to a point I kinda hate working so hard on the shifter and in the corners. I'm a lazy ass so, a Giggy works well for me.

Plus, at 180 hp, it ain't an easy task and it will develop more of my skills which is what I always set out to do.

Relax Mr. Literal. I still think a 750 is a solid choice and overall, I still feel it is the best choice. But, I want to go with a 1000. Why? Because I can.

Nutter jumped it twice too.

I heard from someone who raced the 500cc 2 stroke series said that the 250 2 strokes were more violent, faster in the dirt, and a lot scarier to ride.

Not by today's 450 standards... The 500s were brutal in a way due to power and sheer weight. The 250s are cool, but they aren't as arm ripping as the 450s. Wanna see the results of the injuries we see in today's MX racing? Jumps are bigger, longer, tracks are faster, etc. Why? 450s...

2 strokes came on hard, but here's the drill - 4 strokes come on hard and carry through all the way. Easier to ride when lugging as compared to a 250 stroker when lugged, but overall, the top speed and quick acceleration of a 450 is WAY more than a 250 puffer...

You guys are gonna be surprised when you see the Repsol this Spring...that's all I'm gonna say at this point.

are u putting on another eclipse plate cover? i was there when we put on the 750. figure that out.

ohh by the way i am getting yellow tomahawk tires and yellow grips.

Not by today's 450 standards... The 500s were brutal in a way due to power and sheer weight. The 250s are cool, but they aren't as arm ripping as the 450s. Wanna see the results of the injuries we see in today's MX racing? Jumps are bigger, longer, tracks are faster, etc. Why? 450s...

2 strokes came on hard, but here's the drill - 4 strokes come on hard and carry through all the way. Easier to ride when lugging as compared to a 250 stroker when lugged, but overall, the top speed and quick acceleration of a 450 is WAY more than a 250 puffer...

That makes since, I still can't imagine what the 500cc he used for the jump was like though...

Ok, let's get this all sorted so you can understand better, shall we? I said for track and street that the 750 is a better mount overall. Doesn't mean the best... doesn't mean the lowest ranked one, either. Get it?

Now, for a guy like you, a 750 is probably more than enough. Probably a 600. For me, I'm a rockstar and a pro rider destined to be signed for a MotoGP team so, a 1000 fits the bill.

Jesus.

The deal is that I have raced 600s for probably close to 10 years solid. Still ride them one off at times. I raced the 750 for the first time (When I say race, I mean a whole season) in 2002 alongside my 600. I preferred the 750. More power, easy to handle. Not a breeze as it was more powerful - just not horrible and heavy like the 100s were at that time.

Today, I'd like to do a 1000 and a 600. Why? Contingency. Those are the two bikes that are classed in any organization. I can still race the 750 all day long with WERA and others, but a 1000 or a 600 is where you want to be for money and overall competition...

I have had enough of 600s. I'm old and get to a point I kinda hate working so hard on the shifter and in the corners. I'm a lazy ass so, a Giggy works well for me.

Plus, at 180 hp, it ain't an easy task and it will develop more of my skills which is what I always set out to do.

Relax Mr. Literal. I still think a 750 is a solid choice and overall, I still feel it is the best choice. But, I want to go with a 1000. Why? Because I can.

You don't have to be a dick, I just asked a question. You answered it. I acknowledged you answered my question. Chill out already.