.50 cal sniper, 1 mile kill shot

chevysoldier

There was a whole show dedicated to long range shots like that one.

It was a pretty sweet day on the history channel.

Yeah I think this shot was on that, was a bad ass show.

Ive shot that same weapon at a 1 mile target. Its entertaining.

And if you dont believe me, I have vid of it.

Nice. Been next to them while they've been shooting one of these, just never shot one myself.

yes! fucking yes! JIZZ IN MY PANTS!

:lol:

Wet Blanket Warning.... The bummer about the m82 is not ALL of them here all that accurate. I used some that were 3 MOA rifles. Those were quickly given to the EOD guys. The 50's were correctly classified as "anti-material" rifle. In plan speak, its made to break shit. The weight of a combat load for a sniper team was punishing, now add the m82/XM107 it's a real rough haul. If the mission is man killing, I'd rather stalk in the exta click with the 7.62 sick. Now the .338 Lapua rifles, got my attention. A 1 mile capible rig that is half the weight of the big 50's. But I'm out of it now and I'm old and slow. Still got my gear in the event of zombie attack. Damn... I miss my job.

BG001.jpg

thaic.jpg

Wet Blanket Warning.... The bummer about the m82 is not ALL of them here all that accurate. I used some that were 3 MOA rifles. Those were quickly given to the EOD guys. The 50's were correctly classified as "anti-material" rifle. In plan speak, its made to break shit. The weight of a combat load for a sniper team was punishing, now add the m82/XM107 it's a real rough haul. If the mission is man killing, I'd rather stalk in the exta click with the 7.62 sick. Now the .338 Lapua rifles, got my attention. A 1 mile capible rig that is half the weight of the big 50's. But I'm out of it now and I'm old and slow. Still got my gear in the event of zombie attack. Damn... I miss my job.

BG001.jpg

thaic.jpg

I think your the first person who ever made a comment about long range shooting that I agree 100% with. Kudo's :)

Is that an M40A1 in that pic of you or M24? Tough to tell by the blurry pic.

Edited by flounder

I think your the first person who ever made a comment about long range shooting that I agree 100% with. Kudo's :)

Is that an M40A1 in that pic of you or M24? Tough to tell by the blurry pic.

Great to see another sniper on the board! Flounder, that looks like an Army M-24 stick. We all need to hook up soon before winter, and shoot!

Love to make it, but not gonna be able to, damn it. Too much crap going on and my bolt is getting a knob on it anyway. The rig is on the useless side w/o it. As usual my timing sux. Oh, and the second pic is the M24 I got my hands on as a 19 yo kid a lifetime ago.

Cool! Military Channel has the Top Sniper show, along with some other cool sniper programs.

That might be the show and channel I watched. I was staying at a Holiday Inn in Maine and wasn't sure what channel it was. I was just channel surfing and found it. Was also watching that Top Shot on the History Channel too. It's like Big Brother or Survivor, but all about shooting. It was pretty cool.

Rumor has it he can, just apparently not when I show up :D

He's a fucking terrible spotter too :thefinger:

Eat a dick. :D And youre right its hard as hell for me to spot your shots when you shoot way over the 1165 target, into a valley where I cant see impact and their isnt any bullet trace. Oh wait.. or are you talking about the time you should have been shooting the 875 target but were actually shooting at the 550 target which was 40degrees left of where I was spotting and werent you also using 875 dope. :):nono:

Edited by flounder

Eat a dick. :D And youre right its hard as hell for me to spot your shots when you shoot way over the 1165 target, into a valley where I cant see impact and their isnt any bullet trace. Oh wait.. or are you talking about the time you should have been shooting the 875 target but were actually shooting at the 550 target which was 40degrees left of where I was spotting and werent you also using 875 dope. :):nono:

You got it all wrong. I was shooting the 935 target (875 # is wrong fyi) with dope from a whole different shooting point. I'm pretty sure it was 670.

And for those of you that are dense, flounder actually can shoot, I'm just giving him shit since I usually score higher than he does despite the fact that I shoot at targets with the wrong dope. :D

Nothing to envy. My spotter, crazy Mexican named Eligio Castillo, tells me in an OP-FP we are stuck in, under observation, in full ghillie, till nitefall. "Hey, I gotta pee." Well hell, no real options here, so I say "go for it, piss". He says "OK.... I did" Now he's on the spotting scope on my right hip & now my Leg gets all warm & wet... and I have to go, so I did. A day later we meet up with our parent elemnet and a old , crusty SF Master SGT is talking to us and said " WTF STINKS?" My spotter says, "That's just us, we pee on each other." He responds "Typical Snipers, you guys are all sick bastards." Thanks, Lee, one of the high points of my military career.