anyone planning a ride this weekend?

El capitan

too many cops and drunks for me...especially since I'll be the latter

Bingo. I was told by the cops (OSHP) that met me in court that they're taking all the holiday pay and OT they can get. Any given holiday weekend, you can bet they'll be out patrolling in full force and then some. Regular city cops, I'm not sure about... they're different from Highway patrol.

Regular weekends, not so much.

http://tmcnews.blogspot.com/2010/09/patrol-ovi-labor-day-initiative.html

Columbus – The Ohio State Highway Patrol announced their plans for the upcoming Labor Day holiday weekend. The Patrol will focus on removing impaired drivers from our roadways and urging motorists to think twice before getting behind the wheel while impaired. Troopers will be out in full force in an effort to reduce fatalities over the long weekend.

Historically the Labor Day holiday is one of the deadliest on Ohio’s roadways. Last year during the Labor Day holiday reporting period, 17 lives were lost on Ohio roadways - of which seven were alcohol-related.

“Our goal is to end this summer travel season with a reduction of fatal crashes with an emphasis on education and strict enforcement.” said Colonel David Dicken, Patrol superintendent.

Troopers will be conducting and participating in sobriety checkpoints across the state over the holiday weekend. This is a continued effort that began August 21 when state troopers and thousands of law enforcement officers in communities throughout Ohio joined forces for a combined impaired driving enforcement as part of the national Drunk Driving. Over the Limit. Under Arrest. crackdown on impaired driving. This enforcement initiative will last through Labor Day.

for anyone planning on hitting the valley area, I decided to just roam wherever today and 120 miles later I was rolling through Peninsula on Riverview then 303 and they had multiple cops running radar

I also hit Chagrin River Rd and there were a few cops patrolling out that way as well on a couple different roads