My Daughter's bike, early in the build.

fazer1sniper

Just before my daughter left for Basic Combat Training at FT Jackson, SC she picked up this 1986 Yamaha Radian 600...

DSCF0023.jpg

DSCF0022.jpg

I wanted to knock out some work on it this weekend and snap a few pics. I'm heading down to see her graduate this week. The bike is still a ways off from being done. It will be a while before she can use it anyway, she has a 6 month school to knock out before she can have it at her post.

She is a huge cafe racer fan, but the Radian's lines don't lend well to that mod so I went a differnt direction with it. Here is the bike so far in it's early stages.

SOME of the crack ups:

08-29-105.jpg

08-29-108.jpg

The new head light and tail light and I talked her into keeping the Corbin seat:

08-29-1019.jpg

Where it sits now, headlight & tail mods.

09-05-100.jpg

09-05-102.jpg

09-05-103.jpg

09-05-1010.jpg

09-05-108.jpg

09-05-107.jpg

So i do some final fab on the front of the bike and start to clean it uo with some degreaser. Well, better to find this out now than later. Some moron must have used some bargan flat black on the motor and frame cause it began to shivel up and become a real mess. Hours later I get the majority of it off the bike and I see the extent of dammage this 4000mile bike took. A ton of the bike was paited of over with some rattlecan crap. plugs and plug wires, body pannels, carbs, the works.

9-6-106.jpg

9-6-100.jpg

9-6-104.jpg

9-6-101.jpg

Looks like the swing arm has lost some finish as well.

9-6-105.jpg

And of course the tank is a wreck, full of rust, bondo all over it. It was cavered in several coats of rattlecan paint so I just just started stripping it so I can start over. I leave for Ft Jackson in the morning.... This is gonna take a while.

I can get it a few inchers lower. There is a Top Bottom to the light and the mount it either verry tall or moved verry far forward. I'm still messing with it. Or I will be when I get back.

headlights are weird for me, they either have the right look or they are off. there is like no middle ground for me. if they aren't the right height they are too far forward.... yada yada yada

i'm weird i know.

No work done durring the week, In Fort Jackson

First Squad Leader, it's her bike.

GEDC0039.jpg

PV2 Persing with Mon & Dad.

GEDC0035.jpg

Got a bit done on it today. Picked up a Honda exhaust & midpipe in SC at a salvage yard for $20. (Blackbird high side?) Cut the can down to about 10 in & think the mid needs shortened a bit to fit right.

09-12-10.jpg

09-12-1014.jpg

09-12-1012.jpg

Got the valve cover off and cleaned and painted in engine enamel. The gasket is in great shape, I plan to use some sealant and use it again.

09-12-108.jpg

09-12-106.jpg

now the down side. I found this when I pulled the cover. Low side, cam abouve the Yamaha #2 I think.

09-12-105.jpg

09-12-103.jpg

09-12-104.jpg