My Daughter's bike, early in the build.

fazer1sniper

• 2 weeks later...

After 3 attempts to build a fly screen for this bike, and all looking like crap, I went to plan B. I lowered the gages down about 3 or 4 inches and I'm happier with the look...

11-21-104.jpg

11-21-102.jpg

11-21-108.jpg

Still fighting with the tail & tail light, as well as how the plate and rear turn signals are gonna end up back there. This is the next big problem I plan to attack.

11-21-106.jpg

What IS finished up and behind me is the can. It's on, finished and solid as a rock.

11-21-105.jpg

The tail, side covers & sealing up the front wiring behind the headlight are the things that need to be knocked next. As soon as time permits I will get that done and get this 'lil bike to paint.

^ that was my exact thought, a single round headlight ....i think a vrod headlight would look great in it...people put those headlights in all kinds of bikes and they always look top notch

like this http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/200911/ducati-rad02-imola-c_800x0w.jpg

either way the bike is looking really good and i cant wait to see it finished

Edited by Steve Butters

I have an 8" and 7" round here, as well as a set of dual 4" like on my FZ, The kid wanted a Cafe as her first bike and the lines of the Radian fight that had without major frame changes. She settled on a mild street fighter, the headlight was her call. I expect her to learn on this, thrash the snot out of it and go buy a Triumph Thruxton in a year or 2

+1. My preference would dictate a single' date=' round headlight... but, it's not my bike. [/quote']

As usual... Pauly's dead wrong :p

Headlight looks awesome... Very unique ;)

They fly screen would'a looked sweet too

With 20 days left till the kid comes home on leave this is were I'm at. All major work is knocked out. Just a few covers to fabricate, clean up the tail, tear down all I built, prep it all, shoot paint, and put it all back together. That about it, just grunt work from here. Next update should hopefully be a finished bikes and it's rider.

11-28-102.jpg

11-28-105.jpg

11-28-1010.jpg

11-28-108.jpg

I just picked up an Ex 500. It needs a lot of work. I plan to build a street bike for my daughter she is 12 yrs old. She will be able to ride it next summer. She is getting so big so quick. Good job dad building the bike up for your girl I am sure it means a lot to here. Nice job I have always like the looks of the Radian.

My daughter is already thinking about riding her street bike to school.

Nick

Got up at 04:30 today to go get the kid at the airport. After we all get back I was able to finish up the tail and got a good start on the rest. Holding off on the carb work till everything is all buttoned up. Some wiring and side covers need built yet. Had to pull it out in the sun and take a few pics.

12-18-101.jpg

12-18-1012.jpg

12-18-107.jpg

12-18-1010.jpg