10/30 ride to DC for restoring sanity...

magley64

No commitment, but watching this thread. 2 of my classes would be done by then, as well as fall sports, but CRAP.... Just remembered I've got a project due after that weekend in the 3rd class

It's gonna be gettin' fairly cold by then too

• 1 month later...

took a quick ride uptown to prepare for tomorrow. bike feels good, no weird noises, handles fine.

my gear is up to the task, with the possible weak point of my gloves. definitely could use some better ones, possibly electric.

this will probably be the last ride of the year, as I don't see the tire holding up too much longer, and i'm not planning on buying another one this year. Also the weather is getting pretty crappy.

got a parking coupon for delta street southwest. $8 2 blocks away, not bad.

Probably will leave early to include some "touristy stuff" to this trip.

it's all over, haterade pouring out of the mouths of people who weren't cool enough to go, and missed out on enjoying the day.

I had fun, I paid my own way, I was sober the entire time, and I could care less of resse's paid for it to be televised...:rolleyes:

I was pretty far back from the stage, as I had a 6 hour ride to get there, and I wasn't on the road until 5, after my fuel stops I had about 20 mins to park , and hoof it 2 blocks. I imagine there were people waiting since early morning if not from the night before.

Edited by magley64

I like how the press compares this as a "polar opposite" to beck's rally, when in all honestly I seen it more as a parody of it.

Sure the message was different, but it wasn't a "liberal" version of beck's rally, it was a "sane" version. people having fun, in support of reasonable dicourse regarding the problems we face today. Without getting too political, taking ourselves too seriously, or getting irate with one another, we can accomplish great things.

My favorite part was the magnifying glass analogy,

Or they can use that magnifying glass to light ants on fire, and then perhaps host a week of shows on the dangerous, unexpected flaming ants epidemic.