My new toy is cooler than your new toy

walther_gsp

tomass, maybe when i am not going to endless weddings, i will come play with you one weekend. can i bring my wanna-be dragunov (it's a romak or PSL or whatever you want to call the romanian POS AK with a long barrel and scope) so i can miss large target right in front of me? i havent even shot the fucker yet.

tomass, maybe when i am not going to endless weddings, i will come play with you one weekend. can i bring my wanna-be dragunov (it's a romak or PSL or whatever you want to call the romanian POS AK with a long barrel and scope) so i can miss large target right in front of me? i havent even shot the fucker yet.

Yea, about that, I'd just go ahead and buy some 175 gr blackhills and borrow my gun. The last PSL I shot wouldn't even have faired ok on the short course.

Of course, since you are rolling in last minute .gov contract money, I'm more than willing to help you spend it on a nice target rifle. I'm thinking .308 AR is about your style.

ok, my dope is on it. If I recall, you are using BH 175, so if your GAP is a 24" bbl and your scope is in mils, it'll at least get you ballpark. Otherwise chrono that and hit a ballistic calc.[/

Correct,*I*have*the*second*generation*mil*dot*with*1/4*clicks.*I*have*some*ballistic*cards*&*a*wind*meter*I'll*bring.*I*sold*my*range*finder*because*I*was*going*to*upgrade*to*a*newer*one*and*never*did.*My*zero*is*100*yards.*

Edited by Sniper_308
Typo

ok, my dope is on it. If I recall, you are using BH 175, so if your GAP is a 24" bbl and your scope is in mils, it'll at least get you ballpark. Otherwise chrono that and hit a ballistic calc.

What I was trying to say, 2nd generation mil dot scope with 1/4 clicks. And, your correct on my rifle info. I have a wind meter, and some ballistic cards I’ll bring with me.

Well, I riding down to Columbus tomorrow with a fellow forum member. Were stopping at a BMW dealer. So, I can test ride the S1000RR ;-). I’m off next weekend, have a cookout on Saturday. How’s next Sunday sound?

It looks like flounder and I are leaning towards Saturday. You should skip that cookout, and bring the full auto stuff you mentioned a while back.

I know you have a pretty swell range already (at least thats what Alan S. says, but who can trust a hippy like him), but you really ought to come check this place out.

I've been to Thunder Valley a couple times with a friend, but I don't have anything to shoot there that's really up to the task. I sold my .338 and haven't bought another long-range rig. It's a neat place, tho, no doubt about it.

I've only got 200 yards here...but that's sufficient for irons and fucking around...most of my hunting is well within that.