epic commute

John

My hands were sweating just watching that. Someone needs to put one of those pop-up screaming faces in the middle of that video. Hey man, if someone is willing to climb up there, OSHA shouldn't give a care about safety clipping/ harnesses. Those gloves looked slippery, though I'm not real sure what slippery gloves might look like. I'll stick with Drop Zone, or whatever KI will call it next year.

Race you to the top.

You're on. Ready...set...go!

Well I'd be fine until it's time to go outside and free climb. That part had my stomach turning. although if I could base jump after my work was done, that might make it worth the climb up.

Edited by chevysoldier

damn...I wonder what those guys make/hour

Plenty.

It's fairly stupid that the tower design doesn't include an unobstructed safety cable that could be used for fall prevention. OSHA apparently allows climbers to free climb, which I understand, but to not demand that adequate fall protection be included in the actual design of the towers is pathetic.

Plenty.

It's fairly stupid that the tower design doesn't include an unobstructed safety cable that could be used for fall prevention. OSHA apparently allows climbers to free climb, which I understand, but to not demand that adequate fall protection be included in the actual design of the towers is pathetic.

There was a comment on that page. Some guy said he does that for a living and OSHA does NOT allow the free climbing. :dunno: