Found One and Bought It

Big Green Valley

Based on some great advice from many members, I expanded my search for a VFR 800. I found one on ebay being sold by Yamaha of Columbus and I am the winning bidder!

It turns out that its Hoblick's old bike so I certainly feel better knowing where and who it came from. I hope to pick it tomorrow.

This being my first sportbike, I'll be looking to pick many of your brains.

I know that I'll be looking to buy a set of grab rails and maybe helibars. So if someone out there has those parts they want to sell, PM me.

• Upvote 1

Red Rocket bought that from them the day after they got it on a trade. He had to take it back and demand his money back because it had all sorts of electrical problems. Yamaha of Columbus said they got it that way and hadn't had time to go through the bike. That's straight from 'rocket. Make sure all the electrics work before you pick it up.

Red Rocket bought that from them the day after they got it on a trade. He had to take it back and demand his money back because it had all sorts of electrical problems. Yamaha of Columbus said they got it that way and hadn't had time to go through the bike. That's straight from 'rocket. Make sure all the electrics work before you pick it up.

LOL definitely NOT the story i heard

LOL definitely NOT the story i heard

TB. That's the story I got from Rocket. BGV you might wanna get the story from the source. Send him a PM.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/member.php?u=5508

I took it for a test ride on Tuesday and it was fine. I looked through Red Rocket's posts back thru June of this year and did not find the thread about the electrical problems.

Anyone else out there have more information?

I PMed both Red Rocket and Hoblick. Hopefully they can shed some light on this.

Edited by Big Green Valley

I never had any electrical problems with that bike... I mean never ... doesn't mean there isn't one now, but the bike had zero issues when I traded it in.

Not to throw anybody else under the bus, but Hoblick is the one whose word I would take, and many on here can vouch for him being a stand-up guy. Although I'm sure he has no clue what has happened to the bike since it left his posession.

Not to throw anybody else under the bus, but Hoblick is the one whose word I would take, and many on here can vouch for him being a stand-up guy. Although I'm sure he has no clue what has happened to the bike since it left his posession.

x elventy billion. Only reason I didn't buy it off him was he sold if before I could get my car sold

I took it for a test ride on Tuesday and it was fine. I looked through Red Rocket's posts back thru June of this year and did not find the thread about the electrical problems.

Anyone else out there have more information?

I PMed both Red Rocket and Hoblick. Hopefully they can shed some light on this.

I had trouble believing that bike came in with any problems. I do believe 'rocket so something must have happened between the time it was traded and the time 'rocket got it. It's worked out so it's back the way it should be. Recent valve adjust, I know that much:)