a little late summer modding

Hoblick

well i got a little bored and went to town on some things i was waiting to do till winter.

first off if you look at a stock warrior there is a mess of stuff at the top of the frame near the front.. basically over the front cylinder and what not.

when you clean that up it looks so much nicer.

so stealing ideas off some of the guys on the warrior forums i took a go at it.

i made a coil and sensor relocation bracket which takes sits under the gas tank (thats if you no longer are using the stock air box, which im not, i have a home made VBAK kit that i made on it)

not much of any place to actually bolt it up, so everyone just zip ties it to the frame with no issues.

this is my end result..

62282_1577552314451_1104906712_31665749_448495_n.jpg

both coils, 3 sensors, the air temp sensor, and what you dont see the LCV (mounted underneath) all on a nice little plate setup that cleans everything up.

i also cleaned up some of the wiring down the frame tube and tucked some of the other wires under the tank some.

now i had a air cleaner on the bike, but it really had no function because i had the VBAK (basically torque tubes with k&N filters) under the tank.

so i wanted it gone, only problem is there is a mess of wiring, and the throttle bodies looked exposed between the V of the motor.

i found a plate you can buy from Barons, but i really didnt want to pay $150 for a piece of aluminum polished up.

so i went down to alloy research and bought a 12 x 14 piece of aluminum ($10)

i designed a tear drop shape i wanted.............

it was enough to cover all the wiring, and i was gonna polish that piece out, but i wanted somethign a tad different than i have seen on other warriors.

so again back to paper... i copied a design from harley...

i love the skull they use, and figured screw it ill use that.. i tweaked it some, but its pretty much the same.

so i get out my jigsaw and start cutting my teardrop... (doing this shit all by hand sucked, and its not perfect, but it looks decent to me lol)

next and the hard part was to cut out the skull ... the outside of it wasnt to bad to cut... it was the eyes, nose and teeth that sucked.. but it came out pretty good.

so to set everything off i painted the tear drop a nice wrinkle black finish.

for the skull i rounded the edges, sanded the face and then polished it up.

i mounted the skull to the tear drop shape with some spacers and viola!

the wrinkle black doesnt look as good in the pics as it does in person but you get the idea..

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

and here is a photo before i modded it, so you can see the difference where all the coils and stuff are near the top front of the frame.. it cluttered the motor up alot.

IMG_0013.jpg

Awesome. you always have something cool going on. I love that Willie G skull too BTW, I put in on my bike when I can. :)

That is the first time I've seen your bike with the fairing and radiator cowl too, I really like that look. Looking great!

i have things going on cause im bored and cant leave well enough alone lol..

and thats not a radiator cowl.. the bike is air cooled ;)