thoughts? under dash mount

Steve Butters

I don't know how you sit but I've had a 99, 00 and 02 Superduty and I wouldn't do it. Seems kinda like an attention whore mount to me.

i think its a awesome idea

but i agree idk if i would do it myself lol...cop walks up and screams "BOOM Headshot"

was curious if anyone here used a stationary mount or if they kept it on them...ive seen gun pouches before on seats also

and todd...not everybody is 4 foot tall lol, i dont have the seat all the way up

If I am in the car, I keep it on me. If I have to disarm to go in somewhere, it goes into a lock box. When I come back out, it goes back on my hip.

I think that holster would get more negative attention from LE than most people really want.

Looks waaay to Mad Max for my tastes. Where do you drive that you don't have time to draw from an IWB or crossdraw/shoulder rig?

I work in IT. 99% of the people in this office would wet their pants if they knew I had a CCW. I can imagine the drive to lunch being VERY quiet.

That rig is illegal in Ohio.

Assuming you have a CHL, if transporting a loaded weapon in a vehicle, you must have the weapon:

(source: Ohio AG)

- In a holster secured on your person, or

- In plain sight in a closed bag/box/case that's closed by a zipper/snap/buckle, or

- Securely encased in a closed glove box/vehicle console, or

- Locked in a case.

It (hopefully) goes without saying that you must have your CHL to transport a loaded weapon in a vehicle, including on a motorcycle.