thinking about a harley.. oh noes!!!

Hoblick

I was looking at a Fatbob. But I think a VRod is a for sure next year.

yeah i was thinking street bob, but thats not to great of a 2 up bike

as for being overpriced..

the street glides price is right in range with similar models..

yamaha stratoliner deluxe

and the victory cross roads i think?

the street glide has the least power of the 3

i like the yamaha, but i hate the dash on it.. it doesnt have a physical stereo, only has speakers, amp, and a ipod hookup

the front fairing is kind of janky, and there is just alot of plastic on the bike

as for the victory i just hate the way the back end looks on it.. well pretty much the whole bike really

the street glide is a great bike, i have ridden one and i liked it quite a bit, all the instruments are in front of you, great stereo, handles ok, good storage, and great styling..

my only gripe is it doesnt make alot of power, but now they offer the 103 motor, so thats a plus

my bike made 89hp 111ftlb

its not underpowered

plus i got the track bike for fun

what's the displacement?

now compare that to a water cooled modern engine of similar displacement, go ahead... I'll wait

*hums jeopardy theme*

see? it IS underpowered... not a big deal, enough power to ride around with your girl and enjoy, i'm not knocking it, it is what it is.

but for it's size, it should be producing at least double the horsepower.

Edited by magley64

what's the displacement?

now compare that to a water cooled modern engine of the same displacement, go ahead... I'll wait

*hums jeopardy theme*

see? it IS underpowered... not a big deal, enough power to ride around with your girl and enjoy, i'm not knocking it, it is what it is.

102 CI, but its air cooled Vtwin

you cant compare an air cooled Vtwin to a water cooled inline..

:eek: uh-ohs.

Ryan; if you really want to look into HD, come check out mine. I love it. The little things it has are what makes it a nice bike and more so than some of the others I looked at.

i agree.. and im not a harley fanboy, but after looking at them, and riding some you can really tell where the money is in the bikes..

there is hardly a stitch of plastic on the bikes, and how clean and tiddy they keep the wiring and such.

they just look better put together than the japenese bikes

what did i JUST say? air cooled = underpowered :rolleyes:

ehhh all different kinds..

there sare 100s of different bikes, power isnt everything

oh and there isnt another metric bike (water cooled) that makes that kind of torque

the VTX 1800 makes more HP but doesnt come close in torque

that's why i said what i said. I'm not knocking you for enjoying an air cooled machine, just commenting on the severe shortage of power.

I have an air cooled, underpowered toy that I enjoy playing with as well (mine just has 4 wheels).

no insults intended mang.

Hoblick. I have a line on a 1998 Ultra Classic for $5000.

Per owner no issues. He has the tins off as he was gonna paint it. Lost interest and wants to sell. Local. If you want his number lemme know.

i agree.. and im not a harley fanboy, but after looking at them, and riding some you can really tell where the money is in the bikes..

there is hardly a stitch of plastic on the bikes, and how clean and tiddy they keep the wiring and such.

they just look better put together than the japenese bikes

They look to me like they're bolted together with picnic table hardware... :wtf: