The Mazda is gone! New cage in the garage...

SWing'R

No I don't really expect it last another 8 yrs' date=' all its gotta do is get us by 2-3yrs and we will be able to afford something nicer.

This car has several more air bags then the mazda did and is really about the same size if not a little wider than the mp5 was,

I don't feel its any less safe than the mazda was, actually feel its better.[/quote']

Ever been rear ended at 70 in a small car? I have. I wouldnt feel safe in it.

30K for any truck is not happening in my world, unless its an RV cuz I'd be living in that bitch.

Aunt's fiance just bought a new chevy 2500 diesel super cab fully loaded and got a deal on it and still paid about 52 for it

Boy this is a tough crowd' date=' you all give me shit about the mazda and all the problems it was giving us,

we get rid of it and ya still give me shit :p

I've always bought new. Not a big fan of buying someone elses problems.

I had my fun drivin that mazda for the past 8yrs, don't really care if this new one is less sporty or slower,

I've got two motorcycles in the garage if I need to drive something fast! :rolleyes:

We had a 2002 Mazda Protege5.[/quote']

Was it paid off? I would think so after 8 years, unless refinanced, which is tossing money away on a car. I can pretty much guarantee that the maintenance and repairs (by a good shop that knows what the hell they're doing) will be far less than the car payments you're making now, unless you completely neglected all of the maintenance so far, and and put a couple hundred thousand miles on it. The biggest problem is that people don't budget for it, and they have a heart attack when they have to spend a couple hundo on a few repairs. Unfortunately, you got the shaft on the repairs you had done before, and I would stay away from that shop.

This is not meant as a personal attack, just stating some facts about the general public's perception of a new car being better, or even cheaper.

Aunt's fiance just bought a new chevy 2500 diesel super cab fully loaded and got a deal on it and still paid about 52 for it

Uh, fuck that. His wee wee must be very tiny. :D

On the same subject, I have a friend who just bought a diesel 1 ton 4x4 F truck. He is paying $1300/mo. Seems proud to be paying that much. I'll never understand that thought process.

Was it paid off? I would think so after 8 years

Of course it was.

...I can pretty much guarantee that the maintenance and repairs (by a good shop that knows what the hell they're doing) will be far less than the car payments you're making now

No, actually you can't. And the inconvenience of unexpected repairs and issues is worse then the actual cost.

Unfortunately, you got the shaft on the repairs you had done before, and I would stay away from that shop.

:nono: That shop did the best they could, they were not a mazda dealer, they did ALOT of repairs for us at no cost to try and resolve the issues were were having. They helped us out more than you know.

This is not meant as a personal attack, just stating some facts about the general public's perception of a new car being better, or even cheaper.

So, in your opinion, we should have just kept repairing a 8yr old car with 123K+ miles? Hundred bucks this month, 500 the next, maybe even more after that? How can you seriously think thats better than buying something new? Brand new includes warranties, free roadside assistance and a whole lot of "peace of mind".

Uh, fuck that. His wee wee must be very tiny. :D

On the same subject, I have a friend who just bought a diesel 1 ton 4x4 F truck. He is paying $1300/mo. Seems proud to be paying that much. I'll never understand that thought process.

I do believe he is banking 6 digits, so that payment probably isn't a big deal to him

No' date=' actually you can't. And the inconvenience of unexpected repairs and issues is worse then the actual cost.[/quote']

Budget for it, and a rental would be feasible for a few days, and still pay less than a car payment.

:nono: That shop did the best they could' date=' they were not a mazda dealer, they did ALOT of repairs for us at [b']no cost to try and resolve the issues were were having. They helped us out more than you know.

From reading what you had posted, they helped out to fix problems that it sounds like they (not particulalrly caused but) contributed to. Dealerships are no better than a GOOD independant repair shop. We have had vehicles referred to us FROM dealership service departments. We have access to the same repair information that dealerships use, and can buy (if needed) the same tools. There is no excuse for a shop not being as good as dealer level for basic problems such as you said you were having.

Chances are pretty good that over the next couple years you will not have any problems and not be inconvenienced by being without your car, now. I'm not going to argue that you have a bit of piece of mind in that, I'm just saying that in the end it might not have been the cheapest solution, and the monetary difference would be able to be applied to whatever you buy in a couple years.

I'm not say that it was a bad idea, or wrong choice, just showing you another side to things, and I really don't think your old car was as bad off as it seemed. Just my view on things.

I do believe he is banking 6 digits, so that payment probably isn't a big deal to him

Huh? :wtf: how do you know what this cat makes?

$1300/mo and he's making six figures? He doesn't manage his money that well then. :nono: He might be making it, but he's not spending it smart.

agreed. Why wouldnt he pay cash then?

Edited by max power

I didn't say he has a $1300 a month payment.... For all I know he could have paid cash or the majority of it in cash. He is an engineer with a master and and MBA and work for a very large company and have heard rumors from others in my family