shopping around for utility trailer

oldschoolsdime92

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/trailer-trailer-accessories/1265-lb-capacity-5-ft-8-1-4-quarter-inch-x-3-ft-9-1-4-quarter-inch-heavy-duty-trailer-with-ramp-92174.html

1265 Lb. Capacity 5 ft. 8-1/4" x 3 ft. 9-1/4" Heavy Duty Trailer with Ramp

Item # 92174 Manufacturer: Haul-Master

Built-In Loading Ramp!

Only:$399.99

image_2455.jpg

Smaller than what you're spec-ing, but in your price range and could haul a bike

I wouldnt buy anything with less than 12" tires on it if you are going to be doing any freeway towing. I found a pair of nearly new 12" radials for $40 mounted/balanced from a mexican tire store near Eastland.

You'll be going thru tires and bearings with anything less.

could you fit them, yes. The issue is going to be strapping them down to be stable enough I would think. I'd go with a 5x8 for that duty

i've seen it done, but to be safe you need to build "outriggers" for the far left and far right tie-down points.

the pitbull trailer restraint system makes it possible to fit 2 bikes on a 4x8 relatively painlessly.

of course for the $500+ you'll pay for 2 Pit-bull TRS setups, you can easily get a larger trailer, so that's only the best option if you can't store a larger trailer, and you transport 2 bikes fairly often. YMMV.