Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?

Casper

Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hookers and Blow (no! why is there even a poll about this?)

Hell no. Let's just remove anything that could become controversial then. This is a community. There is other stuff in the world besides bikes.

Yeah Attackpainter got his panties in wad and decided he wanted to throw a hissy fit as a sponsor while insulting some board regulars.

Yeah' date=' until someone thinks they've found their online utopia, only to be let down when they realize that there are more things to discuss than why liter bikes are moar better than 600s.

I don't see how someone can't just overlook a thread title. If you aren't a fan of politics/debate/Fusion money shots... then don't click the thread.[/quote']

I love you

Its about first impressions, and this is a motorcycle site. They aren't being deleted

You're at 50% off topic, other stuff for sale, and rants and raves for your last 50 posts. That's doesn't count posts such as the following which were in MC or site related threads:

Max power will suck your dick for a ride on the back of the bike
Call your mom and ill be there
vagina

I think you get my point here.

Yeah Attackpainter got his panties in wad and decided he wanted to throw a hissy fit as a sponsor while insulting some board regulars.

I ninja edited on you. At first I didn't see his thread, then went back and changed it.

That's one thing I enjoy about ORDN. It isn't just motorcycles. This is a whole world of it's own. A gathering of ideas and views. Life isn't a fairy tale where everything is perfect and I can ride off into the sunset whenever I want. Stuff happens in the world and pretending that it is otherwise is plain dumb. There are plenty of other sites that are strictly dedicated to motorcycles. But this site blends everything everyone encounters everyday. If I think what fusion says about Obama is complete bull shit, I can choose to argue my point with him, or close the stupid thread. (Not picking on you fusion, just an example.) So many people bitch about this site being over modded, or Casper plays favorites, or the mods can post in closed threads, whine whine whine. Seems when someone gets banned or leaves there are three more people ready to take their place.

Edited by chevysoldier
  • Upvote 2

I ninja edited on you. At first I didn't see his thread, then went back and changed it.

That's one thing I enjoy about ORDN. It isn't just motorcycles. This is a whole world of it's own. A gathering of ideas and views. Life isn't a fairy tale where everything is perfect and I can ride off into the sunset whenever I want. Stuff happens in the world and pretending that it is otherwise is plain dumb. There are plenty of other sites that are strictly dedicated to motorcycles. But this site blends everything everyone encounters everyday. If I think what fusion says about Obama is complete bull shit, I can choose to argue my point with him, or close the stupid thread. (Not picking on you fusion, just an example.) So many people bitch about this site being over modded, or Casper plays favorites, or the mods can post in closed threads, whine whine whine. Seems when someone gets band or leaves there are three more people ready to take their place.

:lol:

and +1

Im not saying remove the threads. Im saying off the front page

To what extent? Do we remove all non motorcycle or site related threads from the front page? Why? This is a community of motorcyclists. It's about to be winter. We talk about everything on here.

But my opinion doesn't mean anything. We'll leave it to the public vote.

Im not saying remove the threads. Im saying off the front page

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much seeing as you have 300 posts in 3yrs time and a 4% activity level, how often are you really on here and subjected to these threads? They don't seem to bother all the rest of us that are here daily with posts in the thousands.

Is this more of a personal thing toward Fusion and JRMiii?

Ben, is it possible to let each user adjust his preferences as to what sections are shown? like opting in to R&R?

Yup. Something I've been working on for a while actually, letting each user "subscribe" to a forum. Then only those forums show to the user.

I'm not sure why this bothers you so much seeing as you have 300 posts in 3yrs time and a 4% activity level, how often are you really on here and subjected to these threads? They don't seem to bother all the rest of us that are here daily with posts in the thousands.

Is this more of a personal thing toward Fusion and JRMiii?

I don't think I've ever met the guy. I had been planning on getting some race plastics and sending them to him to paint, but ...

I'm not even sure I've ever traded posts with him before. Whatever.

• Upvote 1