Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?

Casper

Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hookers and Blow (no! why is there even a poll about this?)

I could care less, but there have been a few times I have been like there are seriously this many firearms threads active today. But hey we are an open board, our main reason for being here is motorcycles but I don't think we should ever be limited on what we converse about on here.

End of my contribution.

So to recap:

We all need to relax when it comes to internet insults. Apparently the distance of cyberspace makes everyone Johnny Big Balls.

Tact should be employed when posting as a sponsor.

Responses in this post show the need/reason for a private vote. Founding Fathers were on to something with that idea.

And for clarification, the original thought was to move politics and firearms off the main page. Why go full monty for anyone but members?

It is a community, in the loosest sense of the word, that doesn't mean we have to share everything with the whole world.

From a sponsor's stand point: Whatever is available to the public on this forum is a reflection on them as sponsors. We all understand that it's not to be taken too seriously (or at least we should), but an outsider won't have that same understanding. Having firearms and political discussions featured casts a shadow onto the site itself.

A small amount of prudence now, would allow for more open discussions.

And in place of it we could have a Build-Up/project thread!!!

Edited by dorifto240

WTF is this? A thread about a fail boat, not bikes. Posted in pics and vids. This section shows up on the home page. Browse the posters in it.

http://www.ohio-riders.com/showthread.php?p=566362#post566362

That thread was cut out of another thread when it went off topic. (I think, now I'm not so sure.) Probably should have gone to R&R instead.

Edited by ReconRat

How can this be OhioRidersgunspoliticsreligionandsheepfuckingroundtable.net without guns, politics, religion and sheep fucking being discussed?

The beauty of this place is that it isnt just a bunch of squids arguing about who has the blingingest liter bike or who can ride the longest whoolie, we are MEN (well, most of us) who have varied interest including guns, politics and BEWBS!

I say be who we are, warts and all, right on the front page. We dont want some prudes joining up and shitting their collective knickers when they see what a bunch of depraved, sick fuckers we really are.

• Upvote 1

How can this be OhioRidersgunspoliticsreligionandsheepfuckingroundtable.net without guns, politics, religion and sheep fucking being discussed?

The beauty of this place is that it isnt just a bunch of squids arguing about who has the blingingest liter bike or who can ride the longest whoolie, we are MEN (well, most of us) who have varied interest including guns, politics and BEWBS!

I say be who we are, warts and all, right on the front page. We dont want some prudes joining up and shitting their collective knickers when they see what a bunch of depraved, sick fuckers we really are.

i like you.... will you be my friend?

So, MidgetTodd gets to stay?