Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?

Casper

Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Remove Firearms and Politics threads from front page?

• Yes
    • No
    • Hookers and Blow (no! why is there even a poll about this?)

I see now, it's not political threads that really bother folks it's the large volume of them during the off riding season or around election time. I vote we make some software blocking program that will keep Jrmmiii from posting in political threads. That will keep him from being so prolific in the political threads and all will be peaceful on Ohio-Riders.

That's way too many posts, especially when your views are wrong and don't parrot the views of those who are complaining. I don't agree with Justin at all in political views but am not weak minded enough to need someone else to protect me from him.

I'm disappointed that people can't ignore or stand opposing views and choose the sensor route instead of a personal responsibility route.

I'll make the same deal I always have, don't start 'em, and I won't post in 'em. ;)

Out of all the political threads, I've started 13 of those 346 or about 4% of them.

But you posted 11095 of your 11108 posts in political threads so that's 99.88296723082463% of your posts.

See, I can play the numbers game too bitch!

I voted yes. Although this is a community of sorts it's still a motorcycle forum.

It's not a matter of only clicking on things that matter to you, it's a matter of threads that are not relevant filling up the home page and bumping relevant motorcycle threads. It's also a matter of reputation and public image. When people new to the site look for the first time and they find some idiot ranting and raving about why revolvers are stupid or how democrats can pound sand they are just going to go "wow this is a lame motorcycle forum." This isn't the regular member's personal sandbox, that is what your facebook page is for.

Honestly my thoughts on the matter are this. Discussing guns seems somehow sort of relevant to motorcycles. It just seems people with bikes often times also have guns. However, I really never want to have a discussion with any of you about politics or religion. Those are 2 topics I really hate discussing with people, someone always ruins it and tries to force their views down someone else's throat and it gets really ugly really fast. I'd be happy with politics and religion being deleted all together.

Having said all that, if he is just moving the stuff off the front page I don't see what the big deal is. you can still argue about politics and guns on the forum just like you did before. I might even chime in and stir the pot a little. :)

Edited by vw151

I voted yes

but thats because I have a poor command of the english language and read it wrong. I could pretty much care less if it stays or not because it doesn't affect my day to day life

It seems you are indifferent and should not have voted at all. But you voted with me so I'll take it. ;)

I voted yes

but thats because I have a poor command of the english language and read it wrong. I could pretty much care less if it stays or not because it doesn't affect my day to day life

surprise surprise... the mexican votes liberal

...heh heh

• Upvote 1

But you posted 11095 of your 11108 posts in political threads so that's 99.88296723082463% of your posts.

See, I can play the numbers game too bitch!

Look who crawled out from under their trackday rock...:p

My offer still stands - don't start 'em and I won't comment on them. That goes for political jabs in other threads too. I want to hear everyone elses political opinions about as much as you want to hear mine.

I guess the difference is, I can handle when someone disagrees with me. I might think they're ignorant if they have no valid reason for thinking that way or if I have evidence to the contrary, but that doesn't make me think they're bad people or I'm too good to hang out and have a good time w/ them. I can separate the two.

I guess I need to pick up some of "liberal elite" attitude people keep talking about until I start feeling too smug to hang out on this site.

holy shit this thread blew up, 3 pages? about moving some off topic stuff off the main page? who uses the main page anyway?

I made a shortcut link to go directly searching for new posts, I don't think I've seen the main page in a year.

Why do all that when you can just click new posts?

Look who crawled out from under their trackday rock...:p

My offer still stands - don't start 'em and I won't comment on them. That goes for political jabs in other threads too. I want to hear everyone elses political opinions about as much as you want to hear mine.

I guess the difference is, I can handle when someone disagrees with me. I might think they're ignorant if they have no valid reason for thinking that way or if I have evidence to the contrary, but that doesn't make me think they're bad people or I'm too good to hang out and have a good time w/ them. I can separate the two.

I guess I need to pick up some of "liberal elite" attitude people keep talking about until I start feeling too smug to hang out on this site.

So you do not deny stirring the political pot with nearly all of your post whoring.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury.....

....I rest my case.

Why do all that when you can just click new posts?

cause now it's easier just to click this button to get to todays posts, regardless of where i'm at (email, rodo, dtc, woot, fbook, ebay) the link automatically brings me in one click where I was going to go anyways "today's posts" no scrolling.

ordn.jpg