Apocalypse Bike

dorifto240

We've had this discussion off and on at work. Basically, it's the bike you would build if the world was going end. What parts would you use and why?

For example:

The tank from an XS400. Never seems to rust out, basically indestructible.

The gauges from a CX500. The whole bike could have t-boned a freight train at 150 mph, and the gauge cluster might, MIGHT, have a crack in it.

And discuss.

I'm pretty sure they mean Mad-Max style apocalyptic end-of-civilized-society.

Like riding on 270 during rush hour.

(If I needed to get from point A to point B during a natural disaster, it would be on an enduro bike, not a car. You can be pretty much assured the roads would be a parking lot)

I'm pretty sure they mean Mad-Max style apocalyptic end-of-civilized-society.

Like riding on 270 during rush hour.

(If I needed to get from point A to point B during a natural disaster, it would be on an enduro bike, not a car. You can be pretty much assured the roads would be a parking lot)

Well, in that case, just give me whatever Mad max was rocking and I should be OK. That was pretty easy.

Probably something like a 1200 Sportster with aluminum fuel canisters as side bags. They are cheap, easy to work on and parts could be found in any junk yard from coast to coast probably. Anything new or foreign with a lot of electronics would just be asking for trouble if something broke.

Klr 650 with the diesel conversion, a larger plastic gas tank. Kinda like the one the military uses. With the 6-7 gallon tank and 80+mpg they get over 450 miles per tank. And you could make bio diesel to run it on. It would also need a rifle rack on it somewhere, with the big metal side cases. KLR_Diesel.jpg

Klr 650 with the diesel conversion, a larger plastic gas tank. Kinda like the one the military uses. With the 6-7 gallon tank and 80+mpg they get over 450 miles per tank. And you could make bio diesel to run it on. It would also need a rifle rack on it somewhere, with the big metal side cases. KLR_Diesel.jpg

I concure! :DId like to hear a video of that thing running!