anyone use an iphone mount on their top triple?

El capitan

Get a RAM clip for the iphone and and a RAM ball for the triple stem hole - all for about $50

see: http://www.altrider.com/ram-cradle-apple-iphone-3g/pid/279 for the cradle, diamond ball mount (bolts to back of cradle and the RAM arm - you'll need all three pieces.

Then get the RAM stem hole ball here:

http://www.altrider.com/ram-steering-stem-expanding-mount-/pid/148

RAM balls are a real tough rubber and will isolate your phone from vibrations and are infinitely adjustable.

I use them to mount my GPS, cameras and other crap to my bikes and they work extremely well.

Edited by Earache
  • Upvote 1

Radar detector and GPS RAM mounts on same bike...

IMG_2452Large.jpg

IMG_2451Large.jpg

Once you have a RAM ball on the bike, you can mount damned near anything to it - camerasd, GPS, phone, radar detectors, tollway transponders, etc.

IMG_2019.jpg

IMG_2018.jpg

And they're easy to swap from bike to bike.

Edited by Earache
  • Upvote 1

Get a RAM clip for the iphone and and a RAM ball for the triple stem hole - all for about $50

see: http://www.altrider.com/ram-cradle-apple-iphone-3g/pid/279 for the cradle, diamond ball mount (bolts to back of cradle and the RAM arm - you'll need all three pieces.

Then get the RAM stem hole ball here:

http://www.altrider.com/ram-steering-stem-expanding-mount-/pid/148

RAM balls are a real tough rubber and will isolate your phone from vibrations and are infinitely adjustable.

I use them to mount my GPS, cameras and other crap to my bikes and they work extremely well.

:plus1: I use RAM mounts quite a bit. On the FJR it's for my Garmin Zumo 550 and I also have their self-balancing cup holder mounted on the other side. I've also got the camera base mount for those days when a few shots are needed. Awesome products that work for just about everything.

Or you can go cheap and get this one from mountguys.com. $15.89

It says fits 3G, 3GS and 4.

The ramball mounts are indeed better and more versatile in the long run.

I use one of these cheapos for a cheap TomTom, right in the center of the bars

I'll admit that it isn't the easiest thing to get setup right.

Motorcycle / Bike Handlebar Mount for Apple iPhone Fits 3G 3GS 4 & Touch

MFX-BIKE-ST2-CC005-2T.jpg

It fits 1 inch handlebars, so it will come with two strips of rubber to fit up on 7/8 inch metrics.

It looks like there are some differences between mounts for iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4G, CaseSkin, OtterBox, ToughCase, etc. Get the right one.

Lots of mounts for iPhones on the website:

iPhone

iPhone 3G and 3GS

iPhone 4

CaseSkin or OtterBox

ToughCase

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

jesus christ. can't you leave that shit in your pockets for a little while?

I bet some of you can't take a shit without a phone with apps so you can find the toilet paper and read how to wipe your ass on the net.

what do you guys do stare at it and ride off the road or into the back of a car?

I hope a rock hits that thing and shatters it.

having a cell phone mounted on your bike makes you seem like an attention loving asshole. like you want the whole world to see that you think you're rich and important.

Edited by serpentracer
  • Downvote 1

I bet some of you can't take a shit without a phone with apps so you can find the toilet paper and read how to wipe your ass on the net.

what do you guys do stare at it and ride off the road or into the back of a car?

Wow. You're a dick. I use mine for GPS tracking, GPS navigation, music while I ride, etc. But I'm obviously not nearly as cool as you.

having a cell phone mounted on your bike makes you seem like an attention loving asshole. like you want the whole world to see that you think you're rich and important.

Oh, and you added more! Yay! Thank you so much for your oh so valuable input! That Dude and Todd #43 leave, and guess who's here to pick up their slack...... :nono:

Seriously, you need to punch whoever keeps pissing in your Cheerios every morning.

Dude youve got issues.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_kyby7pa0J81qzxzwwo1_500.gif