Deal's / Helen, GA ride 10/22-10/24

Earache

Really last minute as i wasn't sure what the weather was gonna be, but it looks to be 75 and sunny so I'm going.....

Leaving Indy Friday and heading to Deal's Gap area (Maryville or Alcoa) for Friday night. Will be riding down, but you could trailer if you want to.

Saturday I'm gonna head south and stay in Helen, GA area Saturday night. This will allow riding the Gap, Blood Mountain, TWO, etc. Great rides all the way down and back.

If anyone wants to go along from Columbus, central Ohio - we can meet up in Cincinnati or Lexington, KY somethime Friday.

Holla if ya wanna go.

Damn I wish this wasn't last minute. That sounds like a freaking blast. And I need to add Georgia to my map.

I'd have said something earlier but wanted to make sure the weather cooperated. If it wasn't going to be at least 65 and sunny, I'd bail on it.

Might be the last ride of any distance of the year for me.

:cry:

When I suggested a couple OR.net overnight trips to Deal's Gap... I didn't mean this week. :facepalm:

I ride down there 9-10 times per year, just gimme a yell anytime and I'll go....if the weather is decent.

We do need to do a big OR event down there though - like we did with a bunch a few years ago. I know of some big cabins that'll sleep 14 or so.

I ride down there 9-10 times per year, just gimme a yell anytime and I'll go....if the weather is decent.

We do need to do a big OR event down there though - like we did with a bunch a few years ago. I know of some big cabins that'll sleep 14 or so.

That would be a blast.

... post up what the temperature up in the mountains is like if you could.. thanks

Will do. It'll only be cold up high like on Cherohala Skyway and parts of the Blue Ridge. The Gap itself isn't very high at all and neither are most of the more popular roads in the area. Gotta be cold as shit up high though.