Thoughts on a TL1000S?

scottie.harris

Get more information on history and maintenance. Missing rotor is kind of a red flag. That in conjunction with the bent peg leads me to believe that it took a spill (especially if the bent peg is on the same side as the missing rotor).

Judging by your willingness to trade in addition to the board members advising you to choose the TL over keeping the katana, leads me to wonder what the seller's motivation is for doing an outright trade for the katana. Katanas are nice bikes, but if I had a TL, I probably wouldn't offer it in this trade, so ask as many questions as you can and make an informed decision.

Edited by KruelHouse

yea ive rode my friends 06 CBR600 (not hard) and my other friends CBR 954 doing wheelies. Though the 954 may be a bit more than needed. just want something that can do more than 140mph.

I know i need a new bike because i can pop the clutch and throw that kat sideways and am not the slightest bit afraid of it.

Speed kills.

Sounds like the TL will be too slow for you. Honestly' date=' mine commanded every ounce of respect I had, but by the posts in this thread you're clearly ready for something that makes more than a meager 116 hp and 75 lb/ft of torque. I'd hold out for a fast bike... like an R1, or something.[/quote']

I agree. Needs more than 140 mph and has the Katana sideways all the time cause he ain't skeered...

riiiiiight....:rolleyes:

Buy something with at minimal 180 hp at the ground. That will possibly satisfy you. You can move up to MotoGP later next year.

• Upvote 1

I would get the TL1kS but only after taking it somewhere to get checked over make sure the cosmetic damage is the only thing wrong with the bike. Sounds like a good trade for the Kat...and I am not a Katana hater, I actually think they are fine bikes.

Not sure of your financial situation, but there are many great deals on V-twin sport bikes out there.

I too am considering one to replace my 1125R.

As others have mentioned there are a few red flags to consider on this TLS, in my opinion, I would walk away from this deal.

Best of luck on your search!

well i guess its not completely straight up, im throwing ,my PS3 in that i have well over $1000 into. I did however realize that yes the bike layed down becaue of everything thats been broken (mirriors are different, passanger peg, and rotor).Buy as long as it still runs good and rides smooth it should still be a good bike, granite im gonna look it over before i do anything, right?

Honestly i dont really got any cash stashed to buy another bike and banks wont even look at me cus i dont have credit(always paid in cash).

well i guess its not completely straight up, im throwing ,my PS3 in that i have well over $1000 into. I did however realize that yes the bike layed down becaue of everything thats been broken (mirriors are different, passanger peg, and rotor).Buy as long as it still runs good and rides smooth it should still be a good bike, granite im gonna look it over before i do anything, right?

Honestly i dont really got any cash stashed to buy another bike and banks wont even look at me cus i dont have credit(always paid in cash).

If you're going to insist on riding like a jackass, pass on this bike. They call them The Widowmaker for a reason. Missing a rotor because "it wobbled, so I took it off" isn't the kind of explanation I'd want to hear. $100 says this bike :lbts:. Find something else, twins are not your bag.

:confused: If that is how the guy maintained it...personally, I wouldn't touch it.

QFT. A Katana traded for a TLR is like a Chevette traded for Camaro, so long as neither are BTS. The TL sounds otherwise, and though Kats aren't mondo performance machines, I'd not sweeten the deal with a $1k PS3 system for a bike that's been down and, um, no longer in production.

i normally ride at the speed limit, but when i go on the CSBA rides i do around 80-90mph. and i want to go to the track and the katana is anything but a track bike its the slowest thing out there.

You dont need to have a fast bike at a trackday its not a race. You are there to learn

He should buy the TL. Then the Katana wouldn't be the slowest thing out there' date=' right? :dunno:[/quote']

should get something besides that katana thats for sure. but you can give someone a 250 that can ride and someone that cant a 1000 and the guy on the 250 will eat him alive on a track:p