Thoughts on a TL1000S?

scottie.harris

No offense, but the 1000 sounds like a pile. Hence, why he's wanting to trade. I hate to break it to you, as i'm sure you can guess by now...not alot of people would trade for a kat. They aren't terrible bikes, but like the kids being looked over for dodge ball, they're slow and heavy. Great starter...or girl bikes. Anything other than that...well...you can take a guess.

As it's been stated before, the 1000 would be almost a night and day difference in performance.

My advice? Clean the Kat up. Sell for it as much as you can, (might be a little tough with winter coming, but could try spring) and save a grand or 2. By spring, you could be a little closer to the big boy bikes.

Good luck.

• Upvote 1

yes, but he didnt really have to call me a jackass, could have used a little more of a friendly wording.

Call 'em like I see 'em. "Oh, I need something that goes over 140 on the highway..." You do realize how big of an idiot you sound to real riders, right? If you're tracking your Katana, that's cool....but from your posts, we all know you don't track it, so there is no reason to need a bike that goes over 140.

Call 'em like I see 'em. "Oh, I need something that goes over 140 on the highway..." You do realize how big of an idiot you sound to real riders, right? If you're tracking your Katana, that's cool....but from your posts, we all know you don't track it, so there is no reason to need a bike that goes over 140.

I think the last time I was doing over 140 i was in this.

ch-53-helicopter.jpg

No need to tell me how badass that is. I already know! :rolleyes:

Man if your choices are katana or TL its TL all the way. If u like to ride the speed limit normally and every once in a while get a wild hair in you for some wheelies ora spirited pace the TL will do it all.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tl1000?feature=mhum#p/u/49/B1p8CBWzwbY

Yeah, but Brandon, you don't get it sideways all the time when you ride. I mean, this guy may not be a jackass, but he is probably on the fast track to filling in at MotoGP. Probably factory ride next year...

I mean, his hair is on fire and he needs more speed, yo! Shit ain't gots what he needs for dem fast turns and shit. Mang!

I is goin to get me one dem Kanatunas and do som crazy shit!

TaRR: you can ride a bike and are pretty good at it too, so dont say your not fast.

Cattani:i havent gone to the track yet because i want a bike thats track worthy, not to take a boat that s a pain in the ass to turn like that. Also i dont fly on the highway, i have tested what my bike can do before, but ill bet that almost half of the people on this forum have done that. What exactly is your definition of a "real rider"?

BTW: i never said i do 140 on the highway, so dont quote me for something i didnt say.

yea ive rode my friends 06 CBR600 (not hard) and my other friends CBR 954 doing wheelies. Though the 954 may be a bit more than needed. just want something that can do more than 140mph.

I know i need a new bike because i can pop the clutch and throw that kat sideways and am not the slightest bit afraid of it.

When your at the point that you can "out ride" your bike is when you will get yourself hurt.

TaRR: you can ride a bike and are pretty good at it too, so dont say your not fast.

Cattani:i havent gone to the track yet because i want a bike thats track worthy, not to take a boat that s a pain in the ass to turn like that. Also i dont fly on the highway, i have tested what my bike can do before, but ill bet that almost half of the people on this forum have done that. What exactly is your definition of a "real rider"?

BTW: i never said i do 140 on the highway, so dont quote me for something i didnt say.

If I was ACTUALLY quoting you, it would look like this:

I was saying you ride like a jackass because you "need" a bike that goes over 140. Pretty sure 1/2 of the guys on here that track can spank you on a 250 w/ you on a 1k. That brings me to my next point: YOU DON'T NEED A BIG ASS BIKE TO BE FAST!

Lastly, a "real" rider doesn't rock 140 on public roads and doesn't give a damn what their "top speed" is on their bikes.

Edited by CattaniAFJ
Forgot to say everyone would be on a 250.

yea i know thats why im getting a new bike is because this one doesnt scare me at all. and yea i work at walmart and go to college full time, so i don really get much free money.

Ok man. Let me try to explain this with out making you look like more of an idiot and me more of an asshole:

I get that your Kat doesn't look as "cool" as other sport bikes on the road and doesn't perform as well either, but you would have helped yourself a lot in this argument if you said you wanted a different bike for any of these reasons listed below:

Better suspension

Lighter and more nimble

Not as cool as other sport bikes

So I can take it to the track to be a better rider

Wanting a different bike so it will do over 140 is not something anyone that is a real rider will pat you on the back for. We will scorn you just like ShervinRR (Google it) because you give the rest of us a bad name.

P.S. If you're in college, you should know appropriate spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. Use it...my eyes bleed less when you do.

no but you said it had to do 140, assuming you plan on going 140. Its pretty easy to pick out the 2 or 3 things you said as the reason people are thinking you sound like a jackass. I could care less, its just fun to stir the pot :D

i know i dont need a big bike to ride fast, but a CBR600 will do over 150mph stock. And i bet more than 1/2 that track could beat me on a 1k, im looking to get into it, just not with a Katana.

As far as top speed i would like a bike that i dont really find it on a CSBA ride keeping up.

As far as back tracking there is a road way out in the middle of no-where, a place where a car might go by once every hour, and we have people block the roads off and if a bike is coming stop cars, but we wait if a car is going thru. We dont do what most idiots do and do 140mph around 270 columbus.

BTW i ride everyday, rain or shine. I do the speed limit 90% of the time, unless im in a group thats moving faster, so i dont ride like a jackass.

As far as top speed i would like a bike that i dont really find it on a CSBA ride keeping up.

you're still missing the point. Top speed doesn't matter when keeping up on those rides. Handling and rider skill is what it takes, I for one lack the rider skill but then again have only been on a handful of spirited rides myself.

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1