california prop 19

John

How is it de-criminilized if there's a fine?

A criminal infraction is a violation of the law which could result in jail time. A civil infraction (on its own) will never result in jail time. Possession of marijuana (or, legally, "marihuana") is not a crime in Ohio, but it violates civil code, thus results in a $100 fine (for under 100g). In Ohio, you need to be caught with more than seven ounces for jail time to even be considered.

A criminal infraction is a violation of the law which could result in jail time. A civil infraction (on its own) will never result in jail time. Possession of marijuana (or, legally, "marihuana") is not a crime in Ohio, but it violates civil code, thus results in a $100 fine (for under 100g). In Ohio, you need to be caught with more than seven ounces for jail time to even be considered.

where does paraphanelia come into play in regards to legal ramifications?

The problem is having to take pee tests at your job randomly, it could be as "decriminalized" as you want it to be...if you pee positive (where I work) then you are unemployed. Hopefully the new laws will address this. I believe that marijuana should be legalized and treated as alcohol, 21+ to buy and use it and same rules apply for operating a vehicle while high as if you were drunk. You fail a field sobriety test then you get a DUI. The problem is that there is no way to put hard numbers to how high you are like the breathalizer test does for alcohol levels.

However' date=' if I get hurt at work and my urine smells like pot... I should be forfeited any medical coverage or workers' compensation. [/quote']

this is where its kind of a sticky wicket though, as marijuana stays in the system for a month or so.

a positive test does not prove impairment. just that you had smoked some time in the past. so you could smoke a joint at a party two weekends ago, and still test positive.

this is where its kind of a sticky wicket though, as marijuana stays in the system for a month or so.

a positive test does not prove impairment. just that you had smoked some time in the past. so you could smoke a joint at a party two weekends ago, and still test positive.

unless you get lucky as shit and take countless amounts of bong rips on friday and saturday then have a random on Wednesday and somehow pass

The problem is that there is no way to put hard numbers to how high you are like the breathalizer test does for alcohol levels.

Thats easy. They could just replace the officers badge with a donut. If you try to eat it while taking the sobriety test, you are too high to drive and you get a dooey. :D

thats kinda funny that they would even waste the money to test you if they were not going to really do anything about it.

if in FLA they are anything like OSHA, then the company would get a discount for having a testing program

the other thing i saw... ill have to look again to try and find it, but the LA sheriff said, we dont care if the law passes, we will still arrest you for it.

so in effect, they are saying "we dont care what the law ACTUALLY says, we are going to enforce what WE decide the law should be"

bastards.

Edited by John

the other thing i saw... ill have to look again to try and find it, but the LA sheriff said, we dont care if the law passes, we will still arrest you for it.

so in effect, they are saying "we dont care what the law ACTUALLY says, we are going to enforce what WE decide the law should be"

bastards.

bastards yes....but shouldnt that be able to be fought pretty easily even by the worst lawyer imaginable?

It was voted down by the mexican drug cartel living in Cali. They'd loose too much money if it had passed and since there are no jobs most people now work for or against them. How ironic is it that police and the drug cartel agree 100% that legal marry J is a bad thing?:rolleyes:

From another angle the vote resulted in snack food stocks dropping.:lol: