Mythbusters does motorcycle tablecloth trick NOW!!

chevysoldier

Watching it too.

1.) The video by BMW is fake, that's pretty much known

2.) Pretty impressive results on run 2

3.) I think their ultimate problem is the table cloth flairing when the rope first gets tout (sp)

4.) inb4 "(insert japaneeez bike) could do it"

Just watched the original video. It is tied to the tail, almost level with the table so that isn't it.

I never got around to watching the video. We're not allowed to watch YouTube vids at work. Was the "almost level" just off by a few degrees? I'm sure that would matter if it was angled up or down by just a tad.

http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/00000131

The trick is to grab the ends of the tablecloth with both hands and quickly pull the cloth straight down and away from the table. The key is the quick, downward motion - almost like you're whipping or yanking the cloth away. Keep saying to yourself, “Pull down… not out.” Make sure to pull perpendicular to the table and not at an inclined angle.

http://www.ehow.com/way_5829338_table-cloth-tricks.html

Grab the ends of the tablecloth nearest you. The ends should be draped over the edge of the table. Use both hands and make a quick, downward motion with your hands to pull the tablecloth off the table. Pull it straight down toward the floor from the edge for the best results.

Maybe I'm nuking it a little, but oh well I'm bored at work.