Hellz YES!!!! 2011 CB1000R to AMERICA

Wicked1

It has a 06-07 motor retuned for midrange the mags were rating them at 130bhp I beleive. Has more midrange then the same year cbr did, with less top end.

Does anyone know if these numbers are at the wheel? If so then power wise would be close to the Duc streetfighter if not than closer to the speed triple.

I hope it's at the wheel. My 2006 1000rr makes 150 at the wheel. If not that's a whole lot of detuning.

Does anyone know if these numbers are at the wheel? If so then power wise would be close to the Duc streetfighter if not than closer to the speed triple.

I hope it's at the wheel. My 2006 1000rr makes 150 at the wheel. If not that's a whole lot of detuning.

There's not snowball's chance in hell that bike is making 130 to the wheel. Besides when have you ever known a manufacturer to quote WHP? They can't really. An engine dyno is much more accurate and the results much more repeatable within tight parameters. A bike or car on other dynos will have results that vary drastically.

Edited by TenTwelve

I like this, I doubt this engine has been changed, 160+ RWHP, 75+ ft-lbs. of torque stock, and less weight.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-Black-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX10R-1000cc-Sportbike-/320612160298?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item4aa5f9532a

Traded in on a Harley. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

There's not snowball's chance in hell that bike is making 130 to the wheel...

I'm confused by this statement. The motor is a 1000cc cbr rr motor. Again mine makes 150 at the wheel not knowing the parasitic loss through the drivetrain I'd take a wild stab that mine might make 170 at the motor. I understand they might detune it some I just think a 40hp difference is a lot.

That is retarded that honduh cut that much power from this bike. 125 at the crank is gonna be around 112ish at the wheel. Maybe I will just buy another speedtriple instead? Why the heck won't anyone beside kawi with their fugly naked make a 130 rear wheel horse naked hooligan bike?(and some $17k duc or what ever don't count)

That is retarded that honduh cut that much power from this bike. 125 at the crank is gonna be around 112ish at the wheel. Maybe I will just buy another speedtriple instead? Why the heck won't anyone beside kawi with their fugly naked make a 130 rear wheel horse naked hooligan bike?(and some $17k duc or what ever don't count)

Just get a new Striple. Not a fan of the new lights but, with the optional shield it's very tolerable. :)

I have longed for this bike since it came out overseas in '08 (I think). With the exception of Duc Streetfighter (SICK! but out of my price range), most of the nakid versions of "R" bikes are tuned for more midrange and are more planned for the street vs the track. As much as I want a Honda again, I fell in love with my FZ1 and it's not in NEED of a replacement yet. It depends on how they end up pricing this bike. I'm glad more nakid/standards are making it state side, we'll see if the market supports them.

I have longed for this bike since it came out overseas in '08 (I think). With the exception of Duc Streetfighter (SICK! but out of my price range), most of the nakid versions of "R" bikes are tuned for more midrange and are more planned for the street vs the track. As much as I want a Honda again, I fell in love with my FZ1 and it's not in NEED of a replacement yet. It depends on how they end up pricing this bike. I'm glad more nakid/standards are making it state side, we'll see if the market supports them.

I'm with ya. I'm very happy we're getting more nakeds too. I hope the cross-plane crank ends up in the FZ1 at some point. I am still a fan of Yamaha. Hell, I would've had an FZ1 if my friend who's a Yammie rep could've worked a comparable deal (to my Tuono) with me. :D

Talked with a guy at a Honda dealer today and he told me he hasn't got any price confirmation on them yet but that they will probably be in the 10-12k price range. He also said that it is a tuned down version of the 1000rr motor

Talked with a guy at a Honda dealer today and he told me he hasn't got any price confirmation on them yet but that they will probably be in the 10-12k price range. He also said that it is a tuned down version of the 1000rr motor

You'd have to assume the base model will be close in line with the Z1000 and FZ1 in regards to pricing. Nakeds are a hard enough to sell in the US to price one way above the others. That's why my Tuono sat unsold for 2 years. Unless you have a major hard-on for Italian bikes who's going to pay $13k for a naked when you could grab an FZ1 for $3-5k cheaper (in 2008)

Jagr your 03 z1 is nice the new ones not so much. WHat the hell is kawi doing to there pipes on there bikes? I know evryone puts after market pipes on anyway but stock it is one of the worse pipes out there.

Those pipes are awful, aren't they? I think the bike overall is hot though.

Jagr your 03 z1 is nice the new ones not so much. WHat the hell is kawi doing to there pipes on there bikes? I know evryone puts after market pipes on anyway but stock it is one of the worse pipes out there.

The aesthetics of the mufflers might not be for everyone, but the design and performance are top notch.

Kawasaki meets the EPA noise limits, and maintains most of the power and torque with their designs.

Many have seen higher gains using the stock header on a Kawasaki with just a slip-on over an aftermarket header or full exhaust.

With a slip-on or a full exhaust the Z1000 does not see much if any gain in performance, that seems to show the effectiveness of the stock exhaust.

Sure you will see a gain in performance with a tune on the aftermarket exhaust, but you will also see more performance with a tune on the stock exhaust too.