Hellz YES!!!! 2011 CB1000R to AMERICA

Wicked1

Well they can't make everyone happy.

Especially those with poor taste. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't know why everyone seems to love their SS bikes so much and hate on naked and standards. The SS bikes are uncomfortable as shit for any distance riding, have more hp than you would ever need on the street, have costly plastics that have to be fixed with even the smallest tip over, and MOST lack the mid range power of bikes like the Z1k so you have to rev the shit out of them to get in the power band. They do LOOK pretty cool and generally have better suspensions from the factory, but they are impractical as hell for the majority of riders. That's just my opinion...not trying to hate on you guys and gals that ride SS bikes, I'm glad you enjoy your bikes. I just get tired of hearing people slam naked bikes and standard bikes as all being ugly, detuned, P.O.S.'s. I know it is a taste thing but I think if more people would give bikes like the Z1k, Speed Triple, Monster, Tuono, FZ8, Er6n, etc a ride they would enjoy them a lot. Now where did I put that flame suit....:rolleyes:

Edited by drew95gt

Oh yeah I like SS bikes as well, just given the choice I would ride something like the CB1000R over the CBR1000RR just from a comfort standpoint. That's just me, and I know I am in the minority. Ideally the best of both worlds to me would be a ZX14 with some bar risers lol.

Oh yeah I like SS bikes as well, just given the choice I would ride something like the CB1000R over the CBR1000RR just from a comfort standpoint. That's just me, and I know I am in the minority. Ideally the best of both worlds to me would be a ZX14 with some bar risers lol.

Well you're in luck my Good Sir.

Kawi Concourse.

292578e4.jpg

• Upvote 1

I like the looks of the ZX better than the Connie, but they are both great bikes. I was using the ZX14 as what i would consider a "comfortable" fast as hell sport bike. I would love to get a chance to ride a ZX14 someday, I sat on one and it felt good not cramped at all.

Edited by drew95gt
  • Upvote 1

Uh.. I ride a naked sport standard? And I use to have a 06 cbr 1000rr. WHat I am saying is why won't honda strip the fairing off a cbr leave it alone power wise, and don't cheapen up the shocks or front end and brakes. I would pay 10k for something like that. I guess I will have to buy a cbr1000rr that has rashed plastic cheap put a handle bar conversion on it and drop a headlight kit on it. Until then I will enjoy my speedtriple.

We've mistaken nothing, we said what ours did on the dyno which is rear wheel, you fail at reading comprehension.

What your personal bike on some random dyno at some bike night that god knows how it's calibrated? lol Sorry, I'll take the manufacturer's word for it. ;)

What your personal bike on some random dyno at some bike night that god knows how it's calibrated? lol Sorry, I'll take the manufacturer's word for it. ;)

negative...I'm willing to bet both my bikes those are numbers from Dyno Brian at DTM ;)

I didn't mean to start a pissing contest. All I was trying to point out was that a 1000cc motor is more than capable of making more than 130hp. I felt that 1012's strong convicted statement felt otherwise.

Oh of course it's capability is not used to it's fullest in the CB1000F as is typical of nakeds.

Please see Bike Magazine, January 2010. 109.7 RWHP @9600 RPM, 68.7 LB FT @ 7,400 RPM. That's unless they made big changes to the bike they're bringing to the US. I think that what they're bring US is pretty much what they've been selling in Europe & the UK for the last couple of years. Honda obviously think that naked riders are more docile than the full on sportbike crowd.

More than enough power for me..I'm more concerned with the handling and track prowess. Also, this thing's not going to be cheap, remember, it's built in Italy and the US Dollar isn't the healthiest...I expect it to be upwards of 11 large - Hence, like the 599 before it (also built in Italy), it probably won't sell. I expect, again, like the 599, a very short life in the states. Unfortunately, that means I'll have to buy one..WOOHOO!!!

Steve

00 sv6fity

05 duc st3

Please see Bike Magazine, January 2010. 109.7 RWHP @9600 RPM, 68.7 LB FT @ 7,400 RPM. That's unless they made big changes to the bike they're bringing to the US. I think that what they're bring US is pretty much what they've been selling in Europe & the UK for the last couple of years. Honda obviously think that naked riders are more docile than the full on sportbike crowd.

Anything over 10k I don't think this bike will be successful. We will just have to wait and see.

These naked bikes shouldn't be priced close to their high horse power brothers- If I was going to drop 11K on a new bike I would just pony up an extra grand and get the big boy. If Honda is smart, they will price this thing around/under 9K- anything more and it seems like a waste.

Probably wishful thinking...

Yeah, I don't know why everyone seems to love their SS bikes so much and hate on naked and standards. The SS bikes are uncomfortable as shit for any distance riding, have more hp than you would ever need on the street, have costly plastics that have to be fixed with even the smallest tip over, and MOST lack the mid range power of bikes like the Z1k so you have to rev the shit out of them to get in the power band. They do LOOK pretty cool and generally have better suspensions from the factory, but they are impractical as hell for the majority of riders. That's just my opinion...not trying to hate on you guys and gals that ride SS bikes, I'm glad you enjoy your bikes. I just get tired of hearing people slam naked bikes and standard bikes as all being ugly, detuned, P.O.S.'s. I know it is a taste thing but I think if more people would give bikes like the Z1k, Speed Triple, Monster, Tuono, FZ8, Er6n, etc a ride they would enjoy them a lot. Now where did I put that flame suit....:rolleyes:

Wise words my man! I use to think that way too and as I got older I realized exactly what you said about the supersport machines.

I like the looks of the ZX better than the Connie, but they are both great bikes. I was using the ZX14 as what i would consider a "comfortable" fast as hell sport bike. I would love to get a chance to ride a ZX14 someday, I sat on one and it felt good not cramped at all.

You're more than welcome to ride my insane beast if we meet next year. We'll swap for 10 miles. People always get off shocked and laughing as well followed with a "holy shit" comment. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Telling ya now they will not sell for crap and in a year you will be able to pick one up for like 7900.

I agree. With competition like the new Triumph Speed Triple & the Kawasaki Z1000 & now the Ninja 1000 Honda will have problems selling many of these.