Mid ohio school

Just2EZ05

So ive been thinking about goin to the Mid Ohio Performance track riding school. has anyone done this? how was the instructors? did u feel u left with a better understanding of track riding? im always lookin to improve my riding skill and i think this is a great investment into myself comments please...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Performance Track Riding is just their version of a Sportbike Track Time trackday.

Sportbike Track Time handles all operations of the day while Mid OH collects $$$.

Lizard and Drew owndj (something like that) are instructors and will be there.

The beginner group has class room session that are included in the price, and this classroom and on track instruction is easily on par with schools that cost twice as much.

Once you get into intermediate (and if flounder gets into advanced) and advanced there is no school session but coaches are available to help, some *hint* Lizard and Drew....

The Performance Track Riding is just their version of a Sportbike Track Time trackday.

Sportbike Track Time handles all operations of the day while Mid OH collects $$$.

Lizard and Drew owndj (something like that) are instructors and will be there.

The beginner group has class room session that are included in the price, and this classroom and on track instruction is easily on par with schools that cost twice as much.

Once you get into intermediate (and if flounder gets into advanced) and advanced there is no school session but coaches are available to help, some *hint* Lizard and Drew....

What is this "if" bullshit. I will run intermediate for the first day and then after that I will just run whichever one has less people in it. Speeds are pretty much the same depending on the day and the people in the group. That is of course if you dont have drew or lizard grabbing your ass when they pass you... facking weirdo's

And for those that are thinking about doing it but dont like the term beginner, When I was in the beginner groups (there are 5-7 levels/groups in beginner) Groups 1 and 2 were dragging knees through the corners if that gives you any indication of speed. If you have never done one before but consider yourself a competant rider, I would suggest starting in Group 3 of beginner and then they can move you up or down depending on how well you do. The first 2 sessions is a nice pace to teach you the lines of the track. After that, they will start to pick up the speed at which point you may or may not be able to keep up.

No school in intermediate or advanced. I think thats what you meant but it was just written weird for me.

What is this "if" bullshit. I will run intermediate for the first day and then after that I will just run whichever one has less people in it. Speeds are pretty much the same depending on the day and the people in the group. That is of course if you dont have drew or lizard grabbing your ass when they pass you... facking weirdo's

And for those that are thinking about doing it but dont like the term beginner, When I was in the beginner groups (there are 5-7 levels/groups in beginner) Groups 1 and 2 were dragging knees through the corners if that gives you any indication of speed. If you have never done one before but consider yourself a competant rider, I would suggest starting in Group 3 of beginner and then they can move you up or down depending on how well you do. The first 2 sessions is a nice pace to teach you the lines of the track. After that, they will start to pick up the speed at which point you may or may not be able to keep up.

If your running 47s flounder you don't need to go back into intermediate. Hell I was running 47s in the Advanced group just before they changed the pavement. And there are plenty of slower riders then 47s in the advanced group at every Mid OH day I have been.

If your running 47s flounder you don't need to go back into intermediate. Hell I was running 47s in the Advanced group just before they changed the pavement. And there are plenty of slower riders then 47s in the advanced group at every Mid OH day I have been.

I will continue to state the following just to make me feel better about my time.

47's with the following

Super fucking warped rotors - like riding a bucking bronco.

bad brakes

superlight suspension.

Im looking to knock off 10 seconds this year. Yeah its super aggressive but I think it can be done if I work hard.

I will continue to state the following just to make me feel better about my time.

47's with the following

Super fucking warped rotors - like riding a bucking bronco.

bad brakes

superlight suspension.

Im looking to knock off 10 seconds this year. Yeah its super aggressive but I think it can be done if I work hard.

Yeah and I got to find 8 seconds to sniff the front.

How much does it run per track-day event? How long does it last/how many times will you get to ride around the track/practice?

Mid OH last year ran $195-220 and other tracks like putnam in IN are $155.

You will get 6-7 20 minute session on track.. Trust me it is a lot

thanks for all the reply's i didnt realize it was a track day i misunderstood it as a race school. im still gonna need to check it out

Mid OH has called it a school since they took over the $$ aspect from Sportbike track time.

Though the Beginner level is basically the same school as Reg Pridmore's CLASS and Level 1 of Keith Code's Superbike School.

Mid OH has called it a school since they took over the $$ aspect from Sportbike track time.

Though the Beginner level is basically the same school as Reg Pridmore's CLASS and Level 1 of Keith Code's Superbike School.

so the beginner track day IS a sort of unofficial school? this sounds like fun but im sure i need a lot of instruction.

New to the forum hello all. Track days are def a must for all sport bike owners in my opinion. I have done 3 so far so by no means am I a racer but I will say my street riding has improved by at least 6000 percent. Here are a couple pointers that I wished I would have known.

1. You will need to have a one piece suit. Unless you are only doing beginners which will allow you to have a suit that zips together and doesn't have to be leathers. I have seen guys allowed on the track with work boots and mesh jackets and pants...(I def recommend that you look into leathers) for beginners. If you are returning for intermediate you will need to have your radiator fluid drained and replaced with water (I recommend you add water wetter to help keep things cool). You will also need a back protector for intermediate and leathers.

You will need to have at least 80% tread on your tires to pass tech inspection. New tires for a track day are well worth the money and mph does mount and balance for $15.00 off the bike.

2. If you have never done a track day before than you have to take beginners first which will give you excellent experience and if you are a fast street rider just let them know when they are forming the groups in the beginning of the day. Ride your own pace there are no trophies at the end of sessions...:)

3. You don't have to sign up with fasttrax to get to mid ohio performance track days. You can call Mid Ohio direct prices start at $195 for a full day which will usually give you 6-7 20 min. sessions.

thats all I can thing of for right now ...hope this helps

Dont forget that you have to have over the wrist gloves.. hit up the clearance section at pony and grab a pair cheap. If your thinking of doing track days. get the 1 piece leather. Trust me, you will wear it when riding street twisties as well. If you have never done one before, forget everything that was said about intermediate classes as you will most likely have to do at least 2 trackdays before you are up to that speed.

New to the forum hello all. Track days are def a must for all sport bike owners in my opinion. I have done 3 so far so by no means am I a racer but I will say my street riding has improved by at least 6000 percent. Here are a couple pointers that I wished I would have known.

1. You will need to have a one piece suit. Unless you are only doing beginners which will allow you to have a suit that zips together and doesn't have to be leathers. I have seen guys allowed on the track with work boots and mesh jackets and pants...(I def recommend that you look into leathers) for beginners. If you are returning for intermediate you will need to have your radiator fluid drained and replaced with water (I recommend you add water wetter to help keep things cool). You will also need a back protector for intermediate and leathers. Actually 2 piece will work as long as it has a full zipper connection, also the cordura suits that have full zipper and body armor are generally accepted

You will need to have at least 80% tread on your tires to pass tech inspection. New tires for a track day are well worth the money and mph does mount and balance for $15.00 off the bike. I have done plenty of trackdays on tires that are past 80%. This is just to cover them in case you wreck you can't come back and say they didn't tell me my tires had to be a certain level. If you don't think your tires will make it though change them for your own personal peace of mind

2. If you have never done a track day before than you have to take beginners first which will give you excellent experience and if you are a fast street rider just let them know when they are forming the groups in the beginning of the day. Ride your own pace there are no trophies at the end of sessions...:)Beginner is the best as this will help you learn proper track entry and exit. This will give you more relaxed time to get acquainted to the track and how to ride on the track (lines, some passing, where to be on the track).

3. You don't have to sign up with Sportbike Track Time to get to mid ohio performance track days. You can call Mid Ohio direct prices start at $195 for a full day which will usually give you 6-7 20 min. sessions.

thats all I can thing of for right now ...hope this helps

See red

so the beginner track day IS a sort of unofficial school? this sounds like fun but im sure i need a lot of instruction.

Yes my dad did 2 beginner days with STT then I got him a Class at Mid OH with Reg Pridmore's CLASS riding school $350 vs STT $195 and he said that the each class room portion of that school was identical to what he got with STT both times. And the On track time was structured more with STT to help you learn

I have done Lvl 1&2 with Code and from what I got from my dad the Subject matter in lvl 1 is damn near.