1,000th post Karma Giveaway - FREE STUFF!

jblosser

*** UPDATE: Coyote wins, Hoblick a surprise second place finisher ***

Another forum I visit has a semi-tradition of people offering a gift for milestone posts, e.g. 500th, 1,000th, etc. Seems to me to be a good idea.

This is my 1,000th post. If I've posted 1,000 times on this site, I've read at least 10 times that number of posts. I've met some cool people, enjoyed some good eats, been on some fun rides, learned some things, offered some advice, had a lot of laughs, shared some good times/bad times (a little Zep reference for ya), basically had a great time here...

SO, it's time to pay it back.

WHO can win: Anyone

HOW do I win? Post in this thread. Tell me why you're still here. Post once per day, post a hundred times, I don't care.

WHAT you win: $100 gift certificate to any of ORdN's sponsors (or $100 donated in your name to a charity of your choice, e.g. The Human Fund).

WHEN the winner will be announced: Wednesday, 24 November, 2100 hours (9 PM e.s.t.). The winner will be randomly selected from all of the replies.

WHERE the winner will be announced: In this thread, duh.

WHY: Explained above

Edited by jblosser

how does the winner get 'randomly' selected ? names in a hat , eeny meeny miny moe , rock paper scissors. what ?

I'll see how many replies there are and have my 9 year old choose a number between 2 - the last post, then match that number to the post.

IF it turns out it's r6Brent71, Jr. will choose another number... :lol:

Yes, the "ballot box" could be "stuffed". Matters not to me. Enter once, enter 20 times, no biggie. I figured too many rules would go against the ORdN philosophy, so...

I'll see how many replies there are and have my 9 year old choose a number between 2 - the last post, then match that number to the post.

IF it turns out it's r6Brent71, Jr. will choose another number... :lol:

Yes, the "ballot box" could be "stuffed". Matters not to me. Enter once, enter 20 times, no biggie. I figured too many rules would go against the ORdN philosophy, so...

Well I'd better get to posting more often in this thread.

Is Jr. upset you're spending his Xmas money on internet strangers?

Still have the "Santa" lie going strong. He's questioned the existence of S. Claus at times, but my lying skills have overcome his doubts.

"You actually think Daddy goes out and spends that kind of money? You know how cheap Daddy is..."

Whenever a deer wanders onto the grounds of the estate: "Another one of Santa's reindeer is here checking on you..."

Another forum I visit has a semi-tradition of people offering a gift for milestone posts, e.g. 500th, 1,000th, etc. Seems to me to be a good idea.

This is my 1,000th post. If I've posted 1,000 times on this site, I've read at least 10 times that number of posts. I've met some cool people, enjoyed some good eats, been on some fun rides, learned some things, offered some advice, had a lot of laughs, shared some good times/bad times (a little Zep reference for ya), basically had a great time here...

SO, it's time to pay it back.

WHO can win: Anyone

HOW do I win? Post in this thread. Tell me why you're still here. Post once per day, post a hundred times, I don't care.

WHAT you win: $100 gift certificate to any of ORdN's sponsors (or $100 donated in your name to a charity of your choice, e.g. The Human Fund).

WHEN the winner will be announced: Wednesday, 24 November, 2100 hours (9 PM e.s.t.). The winner will be randomly selected from all of the replies.

WHERE the winner will be announced: In this thread, duh.

WHY: Explained above

Cool idea.

Came over just to start some shit and have fun with the GLWS!!!FTMFW!!!11!!! thread...ended up staying because there's a lot of activity here and some pretty cool people....plus, I laugh my ass off at least 3x/day at these posts.