Any Ohio Rider cigar smokers out there?

CattaniAFJ

I've recently gotten REALLY into smoking cigars and was curious if anyone out there shares my new-found obsession.

Favorite Smokes List (as of 11/10):

Rocky Patel Decade Toro

Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 and 1992

CAO Mx2

Fonseco Cubana Viso Fuerte

What's yours? Where do you get your smokes? Any GREAT deals out there? What's on your "to smoke" list?

My girlfriend hasn't quit smoking yet after promising to do so for a year. I think I'm going to take up the foulest smelling large cigars there are, and snuggle all close to her. Let me know the rancid ones when you figure those out.

I used to be into cigars a lot. Have gotten away from them since the kids.

But you've already hit some good ones. I can't recall all of them, but Padron was one of my favorites. I used to go to a cigar shop and just shoot the shit with the owners. If you find a good place who love the craft and aren't pretentious, you can get a lot of good info. I remember I used to lean toward Nicaraguan cigars after they told me that it's the closest things to cubans.

I never got a humidor, but had the snippers and box of matches. Never want to use a lighter. Stick matches are the best way to go. It gives you a slow even burn without the fuel ruining the leaves. Never flick the cigar like a cigarette. You want the long ash on there. Which is why cigar specific ashtrays are a must if you smoke inside. It really is an art form.

Now, I'm a fat old married man with kids, so a peach flavored swisher sweet is a treat for me...:nono:

My girlfriend hasn't quit smoking yet after promising to do so for a year. I think I'm going to take up the foulest smelling large cigars there are, and snuggle all close to her. Let me know the rancid ones when you figure those out.

See my last comment...swisher sweets.

Yes, SS's are FUCKING gross smelling.

I currently have a 75 count humidor (RH @ 68%), a nice torch lighter from a local smoke shop here in Eastgate. I have smoked the hell out of my stash here recently, so I'm down to about 11 sticks at the moment, but I've ordered a Rocky Patel sampler pack (16 for $40!!!!!) today and hope to be getting some more for Christmas as well.

I guess it might matter that I have a "cap" on cigar price tags. I don't spend moar than $10 on any cigar. So' date=' my "best of" list may be looked upon with shame. That's fine with me.[/quote']

I hear you on that one...I don't make a SHIT ton of money, but I do okay. I try to buy sampler packs from cigarsinternational.com, thompsoncigar.com, cigarbid.com, or monstercigar.com. :)

I'll say the Rocky Patel Decade has been my favorite (95 rated by Cigar Aficionado!)

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6367

PM s15driftking - thats his s/n on that forum, and on columbusracing

he is the guru for cigars, and he will get you every type of cigar known to man, for a great price....even has the hookup on authentic "special" cigars

he will be able to tell you which taste best etc...and he does samplers where you get 5-6 different kinds for a low price to try them out

ive bought from him before, great guy to deal with

You have good taste sir! What CAO's do you like best? Partigas?

I've only smoked the CAO Brazilia and the Gold Maduro. Both are very nice. Partagas is another very nice smoke. I've picked them up at Humidor Plus on Cleveland Ave, Cols as well as House of Cigars on Huntley Rd in Worthington.

My top choice is either Arturo Fuente or Montesino. Never been disappointed by either.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6367

PM s15driftking - thats his s/n on that forum, and on columbusracing

he is the guru for cigars, and he will get you every type of cigar known to man, for a great price....even has the hookup on authentic "special" cigars

he will be able to tell you which taste best etc...and he does samplers where you get 5-6 different kinds for a low price to try them out

ive bought from him before, great guy to deal with

Hell yes! Thanks!

Mr. Bret always seems to have one every time I see him. Cheech has had a few on occasion. I am surprised they haven't chimed in yet. My dad doesn't smoke but he always picks up cubans when ever he goes over to Europe to hand out as gifts. I don't think I have ever seen him with this many friends.

Just got the best deals I've gotten this year!

Cigar International

---------------------------

2x 18 Rocky Patel Sampler (3 each of 6 different cigars- including the $11.50 retail Decades!) - $88 incl shipping

20 ct Rocky Patel humidor - $20

5 ct Rocky Patel Decade Toro - $35

What! What!