Storing Bike In Basement

tyler524

I don't suggest taking it into the basement. I hope your not putting China fairings on your bike. I have some they suck.

I was planning on ordering from motofansclub, they have great review from a lot of people and will work with you should there be issues.

I was planning on ordering from motofansclub, they have great review from a lot of people and will work with you should there be issues.

i've heard mixed reviews from them but mostly positive. Fitment seems to really be on a set by set basis, needless to say that is where I would order from if I was in need

Already buying new plastics for it but last year I thew cardboard under the bike. The garage is kind of small, its a 2 car garage but not really oversized at all

Let me know when you are putting it down there I can try and come over to help.

We did my buddies in johnstown one year. He lived in some apartment up by the town pool. Had a nice basement. tied a climbing rope to the rear bitch pegs on a slide loop and two guys lowered it down the step while one guy guided it in the front and the other held it steady. Brought it back up the same way. It is not that bad... CBR's dont weight that much.

F bringing it up, ride it up! :D

seriously going down the steps is the easy side brining that fuggin biatch back up is insane.

I drink crown too nothing in a beer can of any sort! OK maybe a busch light. :nono:

you could build a pallet for it that fits down the stairs and strap it in then put carpet down so it can slid easily enough and use a rope set up to guide the speed.. no tip over no bottom out easy up easy down..

This is probably the most intelligent idea for actually getting it up and down the stairs, but it adds weight, construction, and some costs; plus it makes the whole assembly heavier.

I think this is ultimately the way to go, but man is it getting needlessly complicated...

You better be moving the bike in and out of the basement on a regular basis to get adequate use out of such a rig :p

and I'd still build a 'ramp' on the stairs. basically take a typical stair case frame and flip it so the 'step' sides are down, locking onto the stairs. Then deck the 'bottom' and use that as your surface.

3 people. One manning the controls one going down backwards while bracing the front end, one bringing up the rear and holding it back to "pace" the descent.

The bike is only what.... 400lbs? 3 dudes is all you need.

I support this idea. Basement for the win.

My only concern would be having to turn at the top or bottom of the stairs. If you have a straight shot on both ends I don't see any issues. Some pulleys and a fair amount of rope at the top and bottom of the stairs and some sort of carrier with a chock to guide it up the stairs. Then of course a sloped plane on the stairs to make them a ramp.

Think of a roller coaster and how it's pulled up and locks at each "step" If you design a proper system you can do this alone, just do it right the first time.

Right' date=' because he's gonna' be able to control a 400+lb. descent by holding onto a tow rope. :facepalm:[/quote']

Youve still got the friction on the stairs and yes i think you very well could but im not saying alone by any stretch..

Or save having to do all this work building a contraption that your going to use twice a year and build a garage. Maybe even a small shed.

I don't have the land to build another garage plus a $100 contraption is much cheaper than building a 2nd garage

i agree with just laying big sheets of plywood over the stairs and nailing them down to make it into a long ramp....then just walk it down with the front brake....bring it up is easy too, fire it up and walk it up the stairs with the clutch (standing next to it walking it, not riding it)...kinda like loading one into a truck

make sure to have a couple people there to help you with the top of the staircase just incase it wants to bottom out going from the ramp to the floor